Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone instaled the extended mag release for there xd. i just got my xd 40 tactical today and went straight to the indoor range and felt like the mag release could be a little easier to depress anyone use the extende mag relase and what are your thoughts? run on sentance but who cares

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
The extended release does not make it any easier to release the mag just easier to reach, it will still be the same pressure. I use mine on compitition guns.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i found was it was a little difficult to reach the mag release does they extended one really help alot?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
ajames, can you use the extention on either side of the gun? i'm guessing you can, but i want to make sure.

i'm right handed, and when i do a reload i use my trigger finger so i dont have to alter my grip... man does it make for a fast reload.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here are some photos its the canyon creek one from pistol gear
Installed on my tactical left stock on my service on the right

Stock siting on the trigger guard

Another angle

I'm happy with it as I have an odd way of releasing the mag I use my finger under my trigger finger

·
Registered
82 Posts
snackman usmc said:
did you install yourself and how hard was it if so
The gunsmith I use has a $20 minimum charge so thats what he charged me. It sounds like allot of people install them themselves

·
Registered
435 Posts
They are pretty easy to install. I have the one that Barsto makes and I like it a lot. Made from SS, longer on one side than the other, I would post a pic but I have not spent the time to fugure out how? 8)

·
Registered
107 Posts
BarSto and Canyon Creek are both out of stock on the extended releases. I can make one myself but my buddy's mill and lathe are 4 hours away. It would cost more for gas than to just buy one from someone else.

Anyone know of another source for these releases?

Darren

1 - 10 of 10 Posts