Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Springfield or any aftermarket company offer extended backstrap with beavertail?

Ran around 500 rounds through to try and break in because of FTF issues

My strong hand thumb is raw! It is not a slide divot issue. With my hand high on the grip, the top corner of the grip \runs my thumb with every recoil.

I have never experienced this with my Glocks, Sig P246, 1911 or my old school S&W 6906

It seems to be an easy fix. Just extend and roll the top of the grip to cushion the thumb. With the grip safety on the XDS, I am afraid to try a self fix.

Anyone else having this issue? And, more important, is there a fix?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Try Talon Grips to tame the waffle iron grip texture.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Feed or fire or ?

500 rounds in any range session would probably make anyone raw.
I cut a piece of bicycle tire inner tube and put it around the xds45 grip. I shoot around 500 a week and never have had a bite like the xds gives me, good carry piece but not a range gun. On the Glock 36 and 30 the recoil is tame. On the g19 recoil is non existent.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Google XDs beavertail extension, watch videos. Couple guys are selling their ideas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Feed or fire or ?

500 rounds in any range session would probably make anyone raw

Try Talon Grips to tame the waffle iron grip texture..

Failure to Feed and a few failure to go into battery. Blazer Brass, Winchester White Box and Remington 115 gr were the most problematic. 124 Gr had much less issues, but still FtF.

The 500 rounds were 3 sessions in six weeks. I returned pistol to Springfield after 200 rounds because of FTF. Gun came back with notice that it was fully functional. Went back to range two more times and still had issues. Springfield has gun now, sent it back last week,

FYI, to be sure it wasn't me limp wristing, I gave it to my trainer and 3 other trainers that were at range (As well as range gunsmith. All had same problems that I had

I don't think the Talon grips are the answer. I don't have issues with any of the grip other than the top corner. If you look at the profile of the XDS and see where you grip as high as possible, the curved portion is just a few millimeters short, resulting in the corner rubbing against the knuckle,

I do agree with #hooch33, The lighter and smaller XDS is harder on my hands in general than my Glocks. I have a G22 Gen 4 for competitions and I carry a G19 Gen 4 and got the XDS as a smaller carry weapon for times that smaller is better. (With 9 +1 I am not giving up as much as I would with a G43

And, no, I don't want #UGADAWGS APS:shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts