Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.....EFK will simply not reply to my emails.....where can i get an extended barrel for my xd40 service?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Don't take it personal. Frank is revising his systems and has e-mail on and off for weeks.

What caliber is your Service model? What caliber are you looking for?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an XD-40 4" Service model. I am going to buy a .40 caliber suppressor for the gun. For that to happen, I need a threaded extended barrel on which I can mount the suppressor.

Same caliber, longer barrel. I will let the threading be done by Advanced Armament to make sure the threads are done to fit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey oldschool....still no reply from efk .... it's been like 10 days since I emailed them... is there any way I could get in touch with them?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
atkamano said:
Hey oldschool....still no reply from efk .... it's been like 10 days since I emailed them... is there any way I could get in touch with them?
I have a call into Frank now. I will follow up with you later today. Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks old school, really appreciate it.

again, if you need the specs:

extended unthreaded 40 cal barrel for my xd40 4" service.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, so I sent another email to EFK, in hopes that I will get a reply somehow from this company. In the mean time, I have a quick quesiton:

Since I have an xd-40 4" service model, wouldn't an "extended barrel" be the barrel to the xd-40 5" tactical model? Or is that barrel too long....

In other words....is the extended barrel to the xd-40 4" service basically the normal barrel to the xd-40 5" tactical?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
atkamano said:
ok, so I sent another email to EFK, in hopes that I will get a reply somehow from this company. In the mean time, I have a quick quesiton:

Since I have an xd-40 4" service model, wouldn't an "extended barrel" be the barrel to the xd-40 5" tactical model? Or is that barrel too long....

In other words....is the extended barrel to the xd-40 4" service basically the normal barrel to the xd-40 5" tactical?
That is correct. If you are going to thread the barrel, you are going to start witha barrel that is commonly used for the Tactical model. Threads or not, the barrel will extend from the slide by roughly 1".

Old School

PS: I think EFK (Frank) is on vacation, as I have not received any calls or e-mails either)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so would it be easier to just order the xd-40 tactical 5" barrel for my xd-40 service for an extended barrel?

is that the same thing?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
It would be the same thing. If you want an extended barrel for the Service model, you get the standard barrel for the Tactical model.

BTW, if you want to shoot .357SIG, we have that in stock. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hehe, sorry for all the bother.

I just don't wanna shell out 160 bucks for a barrel that won't be exactly what I want.

I just want to make sure that the tactical barrel will not stick out *too much*.

For example, when I attach the silencer, I don't want the barrel to show.

Would i have to specify just how much of the barrel Advanced armament has to thread when I send it to them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts