Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Why the rush for pmags? Are they that much better than stock/regular mags? Or is it that they are lighter? I am a NooB, so enlighten a brother on why these are the sniznit!

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Everyone is in the panic buying mode right now. That's the reason for the rush.

I feel they are more durable than USGI mags.
For the few bux more than a USGI mag (normal pricing) I think they are "better".

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
yes they are polymer composite mags that are pretty much so indistinguishable you can run them over with a hummer pic it up load it full of ammo and slap it in your AR and fire it no problems

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Everyone is in the panic buying mode right now. That's the reason for the rush.

I feel they are more durable than USGI mags.
For the few bux more than a USGI mag (normal pricing) I think they are "better".

·
Registered
367 Posts
they are more sturdy than USGI, to me at least.

and not to mention they are 50x easier to load by hand than the USGI. my thumb and pointer finger go number after a few USGI magazines but I can load Pmags all day by hand.

when the prices were 10$ for a new USGI and 14$ for a non-windowed Pmag or 17$ for a windowed Pmag, I felt that the price was worth the comfort and realiability.

now that you can still find USGI mags for 10-12$ but most Pmags have gone up to 20$+ and are getting hard to find, I think that the price difference doesn't equal out in my opinion.

especially since Magpul has said that they are not raising prices(at least as long as material costs don't go up).

·
Registered
342 Posts
Its not just pmag look at any usgi you really can't find any 30round mags. As soon as someone gets a batch of any mags in for the ar/ak they are gone.

·
Registered
643 Posts
AND you can actually load 30 rounds into each mag and still load them on a closed bolt. The dust cover is a nice feature as well.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i love pmags, ive had problems with USGI mags and they just arent as durable, if you drop a aluminum magazine on the feed lips it will bend and it is difficult to get it working 100% again. Pmags on the other hand can be dropped many times without any problems. at $15-17 pmags are the best mag for the money out there, I like them enough to pay a little more for them in the $20-23 range. I would rather have one pmag then two USGI mags.

all the problems ive had with my ar15 are mag related and since i started buying pmags ive not had a single problem. plus the dust cover thing is pretty cool, it keeps dirt and other crap from getting in the mag

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
plus the dust cover thing is pretty cool, it keeps dirt and other crap from getting in the mag

Also it compresses the rounds in the mag and keeps that pressure off the feed lips doesnt it ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just ordered 5 30 round pmags from AIM at $15.09 each. There is a 4-6 week wait. Not in a hurry, I not getting my bushmaster for 2 more weeks anyway.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
plus the dust cover thing is pretty cool, it keeps dirt and other crap from getting in the mag

Also it compresses the rounds in the mag and keeps that pressure off the feed lips doesnt it ?
yup, but being that the lips are polymer this isnt as much of a consern as it is with aluminum mags. the plastic the mags are made of doesnt bend like metal will (well at least not to the same extent)

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Dude, Cause there "DA BOMB!!!!"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts