Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i4.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/matlt/MVI_0593.flv">

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And yes, that's Martina McBride in the background. At least I admit it :p This is the first video I've posted on any forum. Recorded with a canon powershot 570 IS. The fast frame video recording turns out much better than I thought it would.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the other hobby first aid?
Haha, maybe someday. The other hobby would be the camera filming it. I haven't given myself any major cuts yet. Nothing that doesnt heal in a day or two. The nature of the beast makes it look more dangerous and a lot harder than it looks. But what you see in the video is just beginner's stuff. So, over at the blade forums my skill level is....well on their scale it wouldnt even begin to read. Some of the things those guys can do are amazing, light years ahead of anything you see in this video.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Its a benchmade bm42 balisong. They're legal in probably half the country. Can even carry them in a lot of states, including here in AZ. Though they're often the victims of sheeple. Most people think they're the scary dangerous gangster weapons. In reality its the strongest kind of folding knife. Balisongs just can't shed their reputation, even though most quality balis are owned by geeks just like me

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only tips I really have is to try your best to get over the fear of cutting yourself (I havent yet). The guys at bladeforums are very helpful, and there's some people there that are too good for me to even comprehend. In the balisong forums they have links to a page full of videos, including tutorials. The tutorials are where I learned anything I know.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
All I could think about was that scene in Indiana Jones where that giant sword swinging guy is acting all tough, then Indy blasts him. Pretty neat tricks though, if I tried that I would be in the ER right now.

I think I just pissed my pants laughing.....

Cool tricks....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.