Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good quality reloads should not be an issue.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have put thousands of reloads through mu usp 9. the only time i have had a problem with the gun (ever) was when i loaded the charge far too light.

My usp 9 tends to like fairly long loads, almost to the maximum length.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
No offense, but that's a really weird question. Why would there be issues with reloads in an HK. If someone knows how to properly reload, then there's nothing wrong with shooting reloads in any gun. An inexperienced reloader should not shoot lead (factory or reloads) in any factory HK or Glock barrel, but reloads are fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No offense, but that's a really weird question. Why would there be issues with reloads in an HK. If someone knows how to properly reload, then there's nothing wrong with shooting reloads in any gun. An inexperienced reloader should not shoot lead (factory or reloads) in any factory HK or Glock barrel, but reloads are fine.
OHH finally. So HK is like Glock reloads wise right? (Glock has some special barrel). Because there is no problem with reloads on like SW or Beretta

·
Registered
29,876 Posts
OHH finally. So HK is like Glock reloads wise right? (Glock has some special barrel). Because there is no problem with reloads on like SW or Beretta
Glock does not have a special barrel. Nor does the HK. you can shoot reloads in either one. However, the polygonal rifling that they both use discourages using unjacketed bullets (but, they still can be used as long as care is taken in very thoroughly cleaning the bore after every session shooting unjacketed...just pulling a boresnake through will not do it).

·
Registered
921 Posts
Its easier to list the guns that use poly rifling than list the ones that dont. HK does, glock does (though glock is not true polygon rifling,) some cz's, a few models of kahr, and a couple models of the Bersa thunderer do.
Also, glocks are more prone to lead buildup due to thier very sharp transition between the chamber and the rifling, but all polygon is more prone to rapid leading

REGULAR RIFLING VS POLYGON (HK, CZ, Kahr)

GLOCK TYPE RIFLING

It seems like you are using the term reloads to mean lead bullets, this is not necessarily the case. I have never reloaded with a lead bullet, i use plated or jacketed.
Also remember that there are some applications you CANNOT use lead for, regardless of your barrel type. Lead cannot be driven at the same kind of velocities as jacketed bullets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts