Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe how painless the process is...I lived up north and it was next to impossible... I hope I never have to use it but this day in age you never know....

·
Registered
298 Posts
congrats. I'm waiting on mine in oregon. have had it submitted for about one and a half weeks, probably a good month to go..... at least. ugh.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Boy! you must have had some "problems". It only took me 14 days! Only kidding. A lot depends on what day of the week you apply and what is going on in the US. If Obama says something about "Gun" control, you can add 10 days, because of the number of people who want to get a CCW!:cool:

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Lucky you. Back in 08 when I got my CWP, it took me 90 days to receive it.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Lucky you. Back in 08 when I got my CWP, it took me 90 days to receive it.
Wasn't that when they still had to use the "Pony Express"?;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
They must have sent mine on the "Pony Express" , because it took almost the full 90 days to get mine back.
However, it only took them 4 days to cash the check I sent them when I mailed it in..:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
JayDay said:
Congratulations. I've been waiting just shy of 60 days for mine in Texas. They say it was mailed last Saturday on their website so hopefully it'll be here any day now.
Same here, except it hasn't been 60 days for me yet. My status moved to mailed last Saturday and I'm still waiting. How long does it take to mail an envelope from Austin to Fort Worth?

·
Registered
246 Posts
dfwxd45 said:
Same here, except it hasn't been 60 days for me yet. My status moved to mailed last Saturday and I'm still waiting. How long does it take to mail an envelope from Austin to Fort Worth?
Good question. I'm in San Antonio and wish I could just drive an hour up to Austin and pick it up. I hear they update the webpage to "mailed" when they put it in their outbox, not when it's been picked up by USPS. I've heard the postmark date is sometimes 7 days after it's been updated.

Mine just arrived!! Plastic in hand. It took 58 days door to door! Hopefully you'll get yours today too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I go Monday to do my app in person, hoping for a quick turn around too!
I just had an appt for the 27th, I hear in FL the appts take less time. They told me 2-4 weeks.

Also OP - how do you know it is exactly 24 days? I live in FL, just wondering if there is a way to check its progress.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Here in Iowa its supposed to be more standard, but the time for delivery varies. In the county next door they hand it to you while you wait. In my county it takes about 3-4 weeks.

But considering I'm in a county where you couldn't get one before they changed the law in January I'm happy to have it at all!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I'm working on the paperwork to send mine in for FL. It will be useless while I'm where I'm at though... the Navy has me stationed in MD, the anti-concealed state. Here's a question, when I fly to FL to visit family would I be able to fly my weapon with me? I know I wouldn't be able to bring the ammo. Just curious because my part of FL is scarier each time I return...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't see why it takes 2 months to make an appointment. My appointment was yesterday at 2:40, I showed up at 2 just to be sure I found the place and I was seen right away and back in my truck by 2:22! They told me 2-4 weeks but hoping to get it soon since I did it on a Monday. I went home looked at my gun in my nightstand and said "won't be long now buddy"!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts