Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
You can't have a decent handgun collection without Ruger SA and DA revolvers. I like the 1911, though.

Reactions: ColdGOOSE1974

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
Man, I'd be there but...I got rid of my CZ.

It just didn't impress me; I found my Sigs to have better triggers and were more accurate for me.

I'd add a good .22 semiauto to the list...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If you like your collection and you think your collection is incomplete without all those listed, ok, but I certainly don't share your list.

Besides, I don't collect guns to "complete" my collection...I collect guns because I like to shoot the ones I collect.

I could make my own list and I'm sure you'd completely disagree with it.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
P series. Meh. If i find a screaming deal on a west german double stack maybe.

Still need a few CZs in my life...

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
To each his own no doubt, but my CZ's/clones are the only ones I consider must haves in my collection.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Man, CZs get the love hate. I agree with the OP's list EXCEPT for the CZ part. People either love them or hate them it seems. (But I do not necessarily hate them...just not a MUST HAVE for me.)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Reactions: mwc77

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, should have clarified HANDGUNS in my list.

Yes, we all need a shotgun and an AR and a good 22 rifle etc.

The CZ design is one of the great handgun designs ever, their products and their clones are some of the best shooting pistolas you can find. So the list must include a CZ.

If I were to include a Ruger on the list it would be one of their single actions. Their DA revolvers, while good, just aren't as good as SW's by any measurement I care about (the ability to shoot 34,000 full power magnum loads in a row not a measurement I care about).

Thought about a M9 Beretta but at the end of the day (having had one) I think the P Sig and the CZ are both better.

Glocks. Sorry, I just can't. They're a good tool but not a gun to worry about collecting. My list is guns I want in my collection, not what gun will survive the apocalypse.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I just can't get into revolvers. I do kinda miss my P6 but it wasn't that spectacular and would rust if a single molecule of water touched it.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
No collection is complete without a 1911. I'm pretty sure that's a law. I know I read it somewhere. :cool: And you gotta have a Glock!:) And at least a Ruger Single action to go along with the S&W DA (I'm a huge fan of Ruger DA's too). I could personally live without a Sig P series, but wouldn't mind owning a P226 someday and have been meaning to pick up a CZ for awhile. I used to think I wanted a CZ75/75B, but have been eyeing a SP-01 Accu Shadow from their custom shop lately. And everyone needs a Ruger .22 of some sort. ;)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Ahhh, collecting is so much fun. Some people collect artwork, others may collect tools or toys. I'm in the "tools" camp. (I know. I left myself open to the "You're a tool" comments. Let 'em fly.)

I buy a gun, handgun or otherwise, when I perceive a potential need for that tool. I'm not much into the "I have to have that one in my collection because, well, it's just not complete without it". I'll leave that for my guitar collection. ;)

Just my $0.02 with no offense meant to the OP.

Carry on.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I agree on the 1911 and S&W revolver (preferably a pre lock J or K frame)

the others.....nah...

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Lol, I think people are getting confused. OP is saying you should have at least one of the four. So if you say "I agree with X but not the rest," you are in agreement with him. You don't have to have all four, lol, just one of the four.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well I have three out of the four.

No CZs for me either. I have shot my Son's CZ SP01 quite a bit. It is a nice gun and a great value but there are quite a few other pistols I like more and work better for me including my SIGs, HKs, and Walther PPQ.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts