Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Well the vote is coming up for CCW in our state. It looks like its a good bill as far as I can tell. It is defiantly progress. Below is a list of all the reps. for the state of Illinois. Lets all do what we can and contact them for there support. I have already been getting reply emails from some. To follow the progress check out Illinoiscarry.com.

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]kfranks.org; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Make sure you use BCC when sending so they don't know who else you are emailing.

I am writing to you today to ask for your support in HB-148.
>
>
>
> Passage of this bill would allow law-abiding citizens to have a means of
> protecting themselves and their family.
>
>
>
> I am not going to bother with all the facts of the arguments. I am sure
> you are getting that already from hundreds of other people. It is past
> time that the law abiding citizens of this state be allowed to carry.
>
> Thank you for your time. Please show your support for HB-148.

Here is what I sent. Some people are sending much longer emails but I am a more to the point kind of person.

·
Registered
822 Posts
just shot off my set of emails for the weekend, and prob going to send them off daily till it passes the house! then on to the senate and email them lol

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah one of my reps is not for the bill. I will be giving her a call tomorrow and emailing them all daily.

·
Registered
822 Posts
just sent out round two prob gonna call a few tomorrow and see how that goes. the bill should go to the committee first thing monday or tuesday and hopefully a vote by wed-fri

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From my understanding the committee will be the easy part. They are pro gun thankfully. And that deadline is the 6th...

·
Registered
822 Posts
not so much it got sent to the rules committee not the agriculture and conservation. the rules committee is controlled by dems. not sure what they were thinking there but time will tell. they are saying the house is the hurdle as we have the support in the senate

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
The Rules Committee should send this back to the Ag Committee, because that's where the bill and the 1st amendment were first voted on. But this is Illinois, and screwier things have happened!

I programmed some Reps' phone numbers in my cellphone today. I plan on burnin' up some unused minutes in my cellphone plan this week! Hopefully they'll get the message.

-- Frank

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOOT!!! HB 148 just passed commitee 12 to 1!!!

·
Registered
17,739 Posts
Email sent..even though I am from Texas.

I also provided each and every one of them a link to Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths

Maybe the politicians will pull their heads out and realize laws only affect the law abiding!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well from my understanding it goes up for debate and vote today. Now we just have to wait and pray.

·
Registered
822 Posts
It is postponed for consideration at a later date... 6 votes short of the 71. We call, we write, we call some more and we write some more... they still dont listen to us. I think its time to pick up and move out...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yah... I wonder if a lawsuit would actually help. I know a lot of people are calling for it but that is a hard road.

·
Registered
822 Posts
forget about the lawsuit, just arrest the no voters for accessory to murder... We all know thats whats going to happen with no ccw in illinois...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
forget about the lawsuit, just arrest the no voters for accessory to murder... We all know thats whats going to happen with no ccw in illinois...
Lol. At least we will have another chance. There where a lot of missing people from the vote. Maby we can still get it done.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Actually everyone was there 21 cowards decided not to vote

I think if it doesn't pass the nra has an ace up their sleeve according to phelps (bills chief sponsor)

·
Registered
822 Posts
heard through the rumor mill that it will come up again tomorrow morning! hope we hear something!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IDK about tomorrow. It will have to be a big ass ace lol. I hope they can pull it off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts