Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
It's a long way to travel..............thanks for the offer anyway. I've had some wild times down on Stone Street at Wrightsville many years ago.

I live about 1/2 way between Shelby and Asheville.

Go Duke!

bd

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a cop friend that lives in Wallace, and he said he had went to that range a few times, we normally go to Raleigh though...but Im only about a 30 mins drive from wilmington, so I think we will start going here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Greensboro.

shoot at calibers (http://www.calibers.net)

Anyone know of any outdoor ranges? I'd love to shoot some milk jugs of water or something. Killing paper muggers gets boring, plus I can't practice anything like quick draw/fire at an indoor range.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are pretty cool at shooters choice, quick draw is ok they will let us shoot shotguns some too, just not milkjugs, there are two local outdoor ranges but i am not a member there, but i do have a friend that is.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Fuqyay here. I usually shoot (when I can) at Personal Defense. I have heard of an outdoor range called Range One between Lillington and Fuquay, but I haven't checked it out yet. Both places run IDPA or similar competitions.

pt

·
Registered
59 Posts
From Jacksonville for now. I might be moving back to Chicago now that I am out of the Marine Corps.

As far as that range in Wilmington. Yeah it is nice but waaaayy expensive. Their guns are overpriced by almost $100 dollars and I think it cost $20 for an hour on the range.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
day membership is $15...with a member its $8...some of there prices are a little higher, but most are right in line..i bought my XD compact there and it is the kit it was $450 out the door,so maybe your thinking of some where else. anyway

·
Registered
59 Posts
xd manx said:
day membership is $15...with a member its $8...some of there prices are a little higher, but most are right in line..i bought my XD compact there and it is the kit it was $450 out the door,so maybe your thinking of some where else. anyway
Umm anyway. You just exemplified my point. The ranges here charge $10 and $8 for the day. If you are a member it is free all day. Shooter's Choice has their Glocks priced in the mid to high $600's and the exact same XD9 package that I paid $425 for somewhere else was $468 there. They have or had a XD45LE and wanted $526 for it, no extra magazine, no free box of ammo.

If you paid $450 out the door for yours, you either got a substantial discount that most others do not get or you bought a used gun. So maybe I'm not thinking of another place. This one is on Gordan or Gorman Road and it sits behind a gas station.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Charlotte. I usually go to Firepower in town, or drive a bit into Lancaster to go shoot on a friends property.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just moved back to Fayetteville from Charlotte 6 months ago. I do most of my shooting at Guns Plus in Spring Lake, but I've been wanting to check out Range One.

Steve

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
was6113 said:
xd manx said:
Umm anyway. You just exemplified my point. The ranges here charge $10 and $8 for the day. If you are a member it is free all day. Shooter's Choice has their Glocks priced in the mid to high $600's and the exact same XD9 package that I paid $425 for somewhere else was $468 there. They have or had a XD45LE and wanted $526 for it, no extra magazine, no free box of ammo.

If you paid $450 out the door for yours, you either got a substantial discount that most others do not get or you bought a used gun. So maybe I'm not thinking of another place. This one is on Gordan or Gorman Road and it sits behind a gas station.
not sure the last time you were there but, all the new glocks are $539 and the long slide models are $569. you are correct on the xd prices, 2 months after the kits with the spare mags came out the didnt have any and the were asking $489 for them without the goodies, anyway this ain't a pissing contest and if you can find a better price so be it but if you do have a membership you soot free there so i didnt make myself clear and the $8 is if you shoot with a member or are a guest of a member. I spend lots of time there and some stuff is a little higher there like the ammo but wally world is only several miles away i print all my targets myself.

·
Registered
161 Posts
In Spring Lake, shoot at Guns Plus. I got a membership recently and havent had the chance to take advantage of it much. Oh well...at least when I go all I have to pay for is ammo!!! :D

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in Reidsville (just north of greensboro) and I shoot at calibers too. Man in Camo, I'm not aware of any local outdoor ranges nearby. The closest one that I know of is in Uwharrie NF, probably about an hour from Greensboro. There is also a nice one in Jefferson NF, VA if you go up that way much. Anyone know of any closer ones? :?:

·
Registered
161 Posts
thjones3 said:
I'm in Reidsville (just north of greensboro) and I shoot at calibers too. Man in Camo, I'm not aware of any local outdoor ranges nearby. The closest one that I know of is in Uwharrie NF, probably about an hour from Greensboro. There is also a nice one in Jefferson NF, VA if you go up that way much. Anyone know of any closer ones? :?:
I was recently thinking of going to Uwharrie to do some camping with the family. Has anyone ever been there, or have any other NC camping suggestions?

Dave

1 - 20 of 32 Posts