Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm kind of concerned. I'd like to think that it was just a week casing, but could it have been from too high of pressure or something? The ammo is the cheap bulk stuff from Cabelas.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
solution: dont shoot reloads :p

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I would be on the phone with them right now, throw the **** away and get your money back.

If you want to keep your fingers, don't shoot it........

Case head separation is a sign of weak cases and too much pressure. Do you have the back half so I could see the primer???

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have seen that with one of my own home rolled .30-06s, that I was working up new loads on, and had probably reloaded about two too many times. I got a nice little pit in the right lens of my glasses from that one.

I would call them on it, it's one thing if you do it to yourself, and a whole 'nother if it comes out of a box that way.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help fellas. No idea what happened to the back half. Is there a possibility this damaged my XD? Should I send it in?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Your XD is fine as the all of the case pieces came out. Do Disassemble and clean as you don't want bits of brass in the firearm.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
All I gotta say is holy crap!
I'm glad I didn't buy any of that stuff

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I was going to buy some. glad I saw your post before I ordered. Went with Wolf (1000 rounds) instead. I think I may relead after I use this stuff up.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
beardman2 said:
I was going to buy some. glad I saw your post before I ordered. Went with Wolf (1000 rounds) instead. I think I may relead after I use this stuff up.
Just incase you are thinking of reloading Wolf steel cases. You can't reload those steel cases and it has Berdan priming which is European standard. You will need US made brass for reloading.

I've had a case seperation with gunshow bulk reloads in .223. Headstamps were dated anywhere from 1974 to 1989. Some Winchester, Federal, Lake City, Nato.....

I will have to post the results someday. I got lucky, cause the the first round I fired the case separated, the second round jammed into the first round and the rifle jammed. I pulled the bolt handle and the live round acted like a broken shell extractor and freed up my chamber. :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts