Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nice job, Hoss.

He really handled the police well. They weren't happy that he knew what he was doing.

It was good to see that they did not try to intimidate him into compliance with their opinion, but simply made lawful requests (not demands), then let him quickly go.

I would rather see them ignore him as they ignore me when I'm open carrying around here, but I guess his experience is the next best thing.

·
Banned
185 Posts
That's too funny. Also a bit suprising that open carry is legal. I used to live in Eugene for a couple of years and you couldn't do anything unless there was a sign telling you that you can. Complete opposite of the rest of the US.

·
Registered
439 Posts
the 15 year old officer didn't quite know how to handle "no"

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
LOL! Guess his mommy never told him no.

"Inalienable Rights" means you cannot violate them just because the Acadamy told you that you can.

BTW, I have done in depth research about police corruption and issues like this as well as Officer Harless who is infamous here in Ohio. Or....was.

All papers received an A+ with commentary and standing ovation. Not that it really matters....

·
Registered
425 Posts

Maybe the cops should learn the laws, then when someone calls in they could explain the laws to the caller.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Agreed Driver. But, I suppose they feel obliged to make sure of the 40 calls they get about a man with a gun that he is not a nutjob. Through my research I understand both sides.

1. We want them to go away and not harass us
2. They want to ensure we are just minding our business and the liberals are not crying for something that COULD be bad.

Of course, the problem arises when the cops roll up and get bent out of shape because mr. everydayjoe knows his rights and wont be bullied.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I guess walking down the street alone, talking to your camera might get a second look from me too.

Surely he's got some ladies to roll tape for him. :p

I admire the way he handled it.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Unfortunately, Texas is not an "open carry state". This is governed by LOCAL GOVERNMENT CODE

TITLE 7. REGULATION OF LAND USE, STRUCTURES, BUSINESSES, AND RELATED ACTIVITIES

SUBTITLE A. MUNICIPAL REGULATORY AUTHORITY

CHAPTER 229. MISCELLANEOUS REGULATORY AUTHORITY OF MUNICIPALITIES

From my point of view, if it were legal, it would be a deterrent and not a vehicle for more crime. The former Harris County DA Johnny Holmes admitted that he was strongly against citizens carrying concealed weapons. He admitted that he was wrong and it has turned out to be a good law in Texas.

Nice video.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately, Texas is not an "open carry state". This is governed by LOCAL GOVERNMENT CODE

TITLE 7. REGULATION OF LAND USE, STRUCTURES, BUSINESSES, AND RELATED ACTIVITIES

SUBTITLE A. MUNICIPAL REGULATORY AUTHORITY

CHAPTER 229. MISCELLANEOUS REGULATORY AUTHORITY OF MUNICIPALITIES

From my point of view, if it were legal, it would be a deterrent and not a vehicle for more crime. The former Harris County DA Johnny Holmes admitted that he was strongly against citizens carrying concealed weapons. He admitted that he was wrong and it has turned out to be a good law in Texas.

Nice video.
That's too bad. I think texas is moving in the direction of legal open carry though, so it may not be much longer.

OC is generally not a problem here, except when officers who are ignorant of the state law try to enforce their opinion.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i think this is a great example of what you should know when you open or concealed carry. know your rights and know your laws. fantastic video.

to the cop's credit, he didn't push it, and let our friend go.

two adults, behaving the way they should.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
So he is being questioned because someone made a phone call about him doing something perfectly legal?
I agree that someone should have explained to the caller that his actions were well within the bounds of the law.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hey I know that guy! I open carry in Eugene/Springfield often and have never been questioned by citizen or police. Walking downtown Eugene (very small) is actually the only part of the state I would leave the gun in the car. It's libtard haven there.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Unfortunately, Texas is not an "open carry state".
You can open carry long arms... :p
Code:
Sec. 42.01.  DISORDERLY CONDUCT.  (a)  A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly: 
(8)  displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place [I][B]in a manner calculated to alarm[/B][/I];
It's a fine line to walk, though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts