Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for opinions on both... Which is better and will last the test of time? Also, what are the +'s and -"s of each?

Yah $10, but I'd rather only buy one that lasts longer then testing the whole damn market LOL

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Vtwin said:
I'm looking for opinions on both... Which is better and will last the test of time? Also, what are the +'s and -"s of each?

Yah $10, but I'd rather only buy one that lasts longer then testing the whole damn market LOL

Thanks!
I have the HKS for my XD40. I works great, is all plastic and does feel like it is stressed when loading the last few rounds. You get good leverage with this unit and it fits your hand OK. This is the only loader I ever had though.

A guy at the range told me that the Cambi brand loader is higher quality and uses metal instead of plastic for the most part.

The HKS works fine but like I said, it does feel stressed at times, almost like it will break. The plastic looks pretty tough though and it doesn't bend or anything like that.

Tom

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the reply!

How about tossing in the Cambi speed loader into the review as well?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
area1320 said:
I cant find an HKS speed loader for the XD. what pn# are you guys using?
I have an XD40SC
I use the HKS Model GL-940 with my XD-40.

Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have that one for my Ruger.. but being that I have a sub compact the mag stop is a wee bit too long. I need something shorter

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I tested a friend's Cambi #104 loader last night - wow, what a nice device.

You only need one, it comes with four different size sleeves to fit almost any magazine.

The loader is adjustable for any length of magazine.

It has a fixture to hold the magazine solidly in the loader frame.

Very easy to load my 12 round XD-40 mag!!!!

I'm going to get one because of my tactile challenged fingers.

Here is good description:

http://www.mle-shootingsports.com/world-wide-ordnance-104.htm

Tom

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I have a cambi-loader too and it's incredibly nice to use. Saved my hands when I loaded 1700+ rds into mags in 3 days. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm looking for a speedloader for my cousin's usp 9mm and was hoping more people could add to the data on this thread... a few hks replies and one cambi is a pretty narrow result... any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
David_4 said:
I just ordered an Ergo/ML magazine loader from the manufacture for my girlfriend, 6.99 and no shipping. They have one that will work on the HK pistols also. I also like the design of the Cambi but they cost more than I wanted to spend.

http://www.redi-mag.com/buttergo.php
I can see why this type is cheaper, their is no leverage to help you overcome spring pressure. That redi-mag just gives you a better platform to push against spring pressure.
Hope it does the job for your girlfriend.

Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts