Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting my new Daniel Defense M4 tomorrow! :D However, I can't decide between a Eotech exps 2 0 or an aimpoint ml3. Any body have expeience with both or any words of advice??? Also, what do you guys think about mako's magnifiers???

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I like the Aimpoint, it is designed to be always on, and the EOTech reticle is too busy for my taste.

To each his own, many people love them.

ETA:

1 AA battery in an Ampoint will last 3-5 years.
2AA batteries in the EOTech ... not so much.

my Aimpoint is watertight and submersible to 150ft
EOTech : not so much

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I started with an Aimpoint and it is a great sight but after picking up an EO Tech I can't go back.

Pros:
The 65 MOA ring is way better for fast CQB target aquisition
It's much easier to shoot with both eyes open for situational awareness
The center dot is smaller (1MOA vs. 2-4MOA) so you can be more accurate on distant targets when the Aimpoint obsures the whole thing.
Waterproof to 33 ft (About 3 times as deep as your neighborhood pool)! How many of you are Navy Seals launching your missions from submarines 150 feet down?! Lol!

The only con
A 600 hour battery life with one CR123 battery (Not 2AA)
But hell if you can't change a single battery about every 6 months depending on how much you shoot then I'm guessing you definitely never clean you weapon because that takes way longer!

I use an EXPS 3-0 with a 3x magnified on a flip mount on my rifle over here and haven't been disappointed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i have the xps 2-2 and i absolutely love it, one of my roommates runs an aimpoint ml-2? i think and he loves that option, its different for everyone so i suggest you go handle both and make an informed choice based on what the use will be. I will say one thing i like that you can close the lense covers on the aimpoint, but i dont like that i have to buy a mount for the aimpoint (more money).

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
eotech.. nice wide & un obstructed sight picture. 1moa dot for medium range, & the 65 for up close.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I like the Aimpoint, it is designed to be always on, and the EOTech reticle is too busy for my taste.

To each his own, many people love them.

ETA:

1 AA battery in an Ampoint will last 3-5 years.
2AA batteries in the EOTech ... not so much.

my Aimpoint is watertight and submersible to 150ft
EOTech : not so much
The new EOTech line runs on one CR123A battery now...and has 600 hrs. personally, I like the 1/65 MOA setup of the EOTech, this is why I went with one. It may be busy but that setup has a purpose, you can use that ring for near and far sighting/distancing when you have the dot zeroed. on top of that, that EOTech will get nuclear bright...it's shocking how bright that thing wil get...

They also cut the weight/size down and eliminated any issues of recoil bopping the batteries out of place by mounting them sideways.

I know the Aimpoint will run for 65 years on one battery but I guess 600 hours just doesn't bother me. I can keep two spare batteries in my stock for a total of 1800 hrs. That's the unit being left on for 75 days straight...I find that to be acceptable. Take in mind the EOTech has much more to project withthat dot/circle pattern...its going to chew up more batteries.

Until they came out with the EXPS line I was going to go with Aimpoint but now that they have a unit that weighs less, takes one battery come with a great intergrated quick release mount AND will do lower 1/3 co-witness on an AR...I was sold.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You should look into Aimpoint PRO. Can get them for about $400 and it comes with a mount. Another cool thing about the PRO besides the battery lasting forever is that you don't have to flip open the lens covers for it to work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any opinions on the Mako Group Magnifiers?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
So I'm getting my new Daniel Defense M4 tomorrow! :D However, I can't decide between a Eotech exps 2 0 or an aimpoint ml3. Any body have expeience with both or any words of advice??? Also, what do you guys think about mako's magnifiers???
Good luck sleeping tonight - it's like Christmas Eve! For adults!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
*cough* ACOG *cough*

Built in BDC for 5.56/.223

·
Registered
334 Posts
Here's my opinion, take it for what its worth.

I chose the EOTech over the aimpoint for a few reasons:
- I found an EOTech for $335 after rebates and a 20% off coupon
- Reticle. Nuff said. A 2 MOA dot has nothing on EOTech reticle.
- Not a fan of looking through the tube on a reddot
- CR123 batteries in EOTech I chose

-Tim

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Perhaps go check them out in person? Each one has its own attribues, and the bottom line is its very subjective.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
AimPoint.

Turn it on.
Leave it on.
Ready to go when you need it.
If you're anal about it, change the battery on your birthday.
If not, the battery lasts for years....not hours.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts