Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
bump! i was lookin into gettin one for the AR this weekend... still on the fence, thats alot of beans for a glorified red dot sight.... (granted i know its alot better, but...) the most i have spend on a good scope is $150, $400+ seems crazy..

·
Registered
541 Posts
I put a EOtech model 512 on one of my Bushmaster M 4s. I had it set up with a ACOG TA31 along with a Surefire M500A weapon light but wanted something for snap shooting and close range defensive work. I removed the ACOG and replaced it with the EOtech and installed the ACOG on another M 4.

I am very impressed with the EOtech. It makes it very easy to snap shoot and is clearly very good in this roll. It co-witnesses with the front sight perfectly. I installed a flip up rear sight to use in an emergency if the EOtech ever went down. The beauty of this set up is that you can use the regular sights and sight through the EOtech if you need to.

I know they are not cheap but they are worth every penny. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I have a 511 - I got it in December and I have it on my PS90. I love this site. I like it much better than the Aimpoint or other similiar sights.

It is much easier and quicker to pick up their reticle than it is to just pic up a small red dot. Plus, with the Aimpoint and other red dots, U still are looking down a tube. Not with the Eotech - so, U pick up the sight faster.

IT's worth the $, but if U look around, U can find some deals just over $300. We have 2 sponsors at the FN Forum that are selling Eotechs pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I have the EoTech 511 on my Busy M4...absolutely luv it. I can give you this analogy. If you wanted a nice car to drive to and from work, buy a Toyota Camry, cuz their relatively inexpensive compared to a Lexis/BMW/Mecedes and they work just fine for regular driving. But if you had the money, you'd probably buy the Lexis/BMW/Mercedes because you know they're built great, perform wonderfully and are the "top of the line".....same thing goes for the EoTech.:)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have three 512's. One on the AR and two on my Benelli Super Nova's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've got a 517 on my Stag Model 8 (formerly a Ruger SR556 but that damn thing was too heavy). It's awesome. Holds a zero after being removed, holds a zero after 500 rounds (thats all I put on the SR556 before I got the Stag, which barely has 10 rounds through it now). I like it. It was a little cheaper through Botach Tactical with their "stimulus" coupon code.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
What are you planning on mounting this on?

I got a bunch of Eotechs and like them. Never had a problem with any of them. Good performance.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Had a 552. Beat it to death. Had to warranty it. EOTech wasn't really helpful on fixing the reticule issues. The reticule continued to degrade past what I felt was acceptable.

Sold it on gunbroker for nearly what I paid for it with full disclosure of the problems due to inflation.

I then migrated to the Aimpoint platform. Had a CompM4, too big and heavy.

Now using Aimpoint T1's with great success. Lightweight and durable.

·
Registered
661 Posts
bump! i was lookin into gettin one for the AR this weekend... still on the fence, thats alot of beans for a glorified red dot sight.... (granted i know its alot better, but...) the most i have spend on a good scope is $150, $400+ seems crazy..
$400 plus is a lot. Aimpoints and ACOGs cost more. Steep price but they do have excellent quality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
EOTechs are worth the price. Clear, quick acquisition, easy mount/zero, and they just plain work. You do have the issue of electronics/batteries, but for $800+ more for an ACOG I will stick with EOTech.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I used my personal EOtech 553 on my rifle in Iraq. I had three Aimpoints die on me my first tour so I decided to give the eotech a try on my second. It worked flawlessly. It isn't pretty anymore since there isn't much finish left, but it still works great. I also have to add I like the NVG capabilities better than the aimpoint also. Because of the larger view port you can use the optic with NVGs on the helmet instead of attaching them to the carbine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
was thinking about going for the EoTech XPS2-0 on my AR. I decided to go with the aimpoint micro h1. I like it a lot. Mounted it on a larue QD mount and got a magnifier on the larue flip to side mount as well. sick set up.

·
Registered
829 Posts
What's the best price for a 512 right now?

·
Registered
28 Posts
i use a 553a65 on my ar with a flip to the side 3x magnifier. amazing sight system but i wouldnt recommend it if you arent a serious shooter. unless you got a grand just laying around. i wouldnt go any other way after using aimpoints and other cheap optics. for a quick and VERY accurate optic you cant beat it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts