Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was researching some different EoTech sights for my RRA and had one quick question...

I would like the option to have the magnifier so does it matter which EoTech I purchase.. I'm looking at the 556.A65/1

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
224 Posts
nope wont matter which eotech you decide to go with

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
If I were spending money on an EOTech to use with a magnifier, I would get an EOTech that has the controls on the side vs. on the end (facing your face). That way, when you have the magnifier mounted in position for use, you don't have to futs around with it as you turn on the EOTech, change intensity, etc.

I run an XPS2-0 on my FNH SLP.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If I were spending money on an EOTech to use with a magnifier, I would get an EOTech that has the controls on the side vs. on the end (facing your face). That way, when you have the magnifier mounted in position for use, you don't have to futs around with it as you turn on the EOTech, change intensity, etc.
+1....much more convenient that way

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
As said, doesn't matter, the controls on the side are nice, just make sure if your optic has a spacer that you put one on your magnifier.

I have the EXPS 3-0 with the magnifier, both with the 7mm riser so the front sight post is well out of the way.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I agree with what the others are saying. A.) get one with side mount controls. B.) get a new XPS model.

The have fixed some of the issues with earlier models and have made them lighter. I love mine and I have an EXPS2-0...not that much more than the 500 series and much nicer....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with what the others are saying. A.) get one with side mount controls. B.) get a new XPS model.

The have fixed some of the issues with earlier models and have made them lighter. I love mine and I have an EXPS2-0...not that much more than the 500 series and much nicer....
Well I changed my mind and now I think I'm going with the XPS3-0... But what are the benefits of going with one that's .223 specific ?? I really do like the EXPS3-4 cause I like the 4 aiming dots

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Well I changed my mind and now I think I'm going with the XPS3-0... But what are the benefits of going with one that's .223 specific ?? I really do like the EXPS3-4 cause I like the 4 aiming dots
I don't like more than one dot, too busy for me. Plus if I am shooting out to 300 meters I can hit a man sized torso target using the standard dot. How often are you shooting that far let alone farther?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How often are you shooting that far let alone farther?
Not often really.... Ive been to 150yds, I was looking to go further but I was told that maybe I should rethink and just buy an ACOG... UGH

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Not often really.... Ive been to 150yds, I was looking to go further but I was told that maybe I should rethink and just buy an ACOG... UGH
Something to think about then. ACOG are VERY nice, don't get me wrong but I like being able to flip my 3x off to the side in less than a second to hit the up close stuff that I can get on target much faster than if I am fighting through magnification which has narrowed my field of view. You pay for this option in added weight though.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Something to think about then. ACOG are VERY nice, don't get me wrong but I like being able to flip my 3x off to the side in less than a second to hit the up close stuff that I can get on target much faster than if I am fighting through magnification which has narrowed my field of view. You pay for this option in added weight though.
On the flip side of that, most of the ACOGs, to my knowledge, are made with the Bindon Aiming Concept. Essentially you could cover up the lens and shoot with both eyes open; your right eye will see the reticle and your left eye will see the target, the way the brain puts your vision together you'll see the reticle superimposed over the target. I had trouble believing and understanding this until we did a practice Table 2 and Table 3 with duct tape over our objective lens hood, preventing us from aiming using our ACOG's magnification. When I have enough money to spend on an ACOG I will surely outfit my SR556 with it, and move the EOTech to the shotgun.

Trijicon's short amount of literature on the subject:
http://www.trijicon.com/images/banners/techpopup_bac.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well great... Either way I guess I'm going to spending close to a $1000 whether I go with the ACOG or EoTech so I guess now Its preference I guess

Thanks for the article on BAC!!! Decent little read

1 - 15 of 15 Posts