Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last weekend was shooting the AR and noticed that the reticle seemed "foggy" as if some oil was on the lens. Cleaned it off but no help.

Thought perhaps my EoTech had lost it's zero because I had to cant the weapon clockwise (ie, the barrel turned to the right) to make the reticle get it's usual brightness.

Today, I borrowed a buddy's Lead Sled and re-zeroed the weapon. Problem is it took very little adjustment to get the reticle zeroed. However, the same problems exists.

In order to make the reticle clear and bright I have to cant the weapon a bit clockwise. This makes the reticle center over the left front sight guard. If the center dot is just above the front sight post the right upper portion is "foggy" and the reticle in general has lost it's brightness and clarity.

When I rotate the barrel CW then CCW there is "something" between 11 and 1 o' clock that makes the reticle loose it's brightness and it's clarity. It acts almost like a shadow.

My gut says I might have an issue inside the EoTech. I grabbed my Beretta Storm with a Bushnell Holosight and it is zeroed and centered right over the front sight post and no matter how much I cant the weapon it is bright and clear.

So am I missing something or do I have a problem?

As a "by the way" when I had the AR in the Lead Sled the center dot of the reticle was to the left of the front sight post when I shot for groups. This really bothered me because I was thinking I had the reticle centered over the front sight post even if not in a tue "co-witness" alignment.

I am confused big time. Is it me or is it the optic????

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sounds like a phone call to Customer Service is in your future.

I hear they're pretty good about taking care of the customer though.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
How old is the EO if it's still under warranty L3 will make it right so long as you haven't tampered with it

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Send it in!

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
As a "by the way" when I had the AR in the Lead Sled the center dot of the reticle was to the left of the front sight post when I shot for groups. This really bothered me because I was thinking I had the reticle centered over the front sight post even if not in a tue "co-witness" alignment.

Send it in.

How are your groups when shooting irons only? Is your rear sight centered or over to the right compensate for the FSB being canted ?

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
somewhat off topic....are EoTech's co witness if mounted on a flat top reciever, using just the eotech thumb screw?

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Send it in.

How are your groups when shooting irons only? Is your rear sight centered or over to the right compensate for the FSB being canted ?
I haven't shot irons since I got the EoTech some 3 years or better ago. So to answer your question ... I don't know. :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
+1 on the call to customer service they will take care of you I have 3 eotech and only had a problem on the 512 then they sent me the 512f great customer service

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Update?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts