Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that the AR is on it's way, I picked up the EOTECH XPS2-0 today. As it is a pricey investment, I'm wondering if I should buy at least a neoprene cover or at the most the GG&G Lens covers?

Which, if any, do most of you use?

My debate is, on one hand, the neoprene protects from ALL scratches, lens and body and is only $18.99. But it's kinda like a club head cover and needs to be removed and stored.

On the other hand the GG&G protects mainly the lens and I have to install it, which looks easy enough by all means. But it does leave the body of the sight exposed to scratches.

Thank you as always for any input....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Scratches add character. I'm not saying tie it to your hitch and drag it around a parking lot, but a few scratches on the exterior means you're using it, not looking at it on the shelf. I'd still get a cover for when you throw the gun in the trunk, but just leave it in the trunk or gear bag when you get to the range.

Now scratches on a lens do bother me, so I'd opt for lens protection.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
So now that the AR is on it's way, I picked up the EOTECH XPS2-0 today. As it is a pricey investment, I'm wondering if I should buy at least a neoprene cover or at the most the GG&G Lens covers?

Which, if any, do most of you use?

My debate is, on one hand, the neoprene protects from ALL scratches, lens and body and is only $18.99. But it's kinda like a club head cover and needs to be removed and stored.

On the other hand the GG&G protects mainly the lens and I have to install it, which looks easy enough by all means. But it does leave the body of the sight exposed to scratches.

Thank you as always for any input....

Im getting the GG&G "INFIDEL" EOTech Lens cover, I love the design, Its compact and spring loaded to flip out of the way. No fumbling with it. I recommend that one, later man

·
Registered
744 Posts
I wouldn't put anything on it... It's a red dot, not a scope.

Be concerned about mud getting in it and totally blocking your view, not dust.

It's not going to break if it's scratched.

·
Registered
334 Posts
mine came with a free scope coat, I only use it when I have two long guns in the same bag.

-Tim

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Im getting the GG&G cover mainly to keep people from smearing their greasy fingers, dust, and also to keep scratches off my lens. Every time I show someone my rifle somehow they get fingerprints all over it, I dont get it. I mean all i have to do is wipe it off with my lens cloth but why even do that If I can prevent it by having this lens cover. I know some people dont care about scratches on a rifle or if theirs is banged up but I do. I want to keep it looking good as long as possible. When the day comes when I have to get my rifle muddy and banged up to defend my life I will do it, until then, She's gonna look like the day I got her. Why not take good care of everything you own ya know. lol just sayin :)

Now If I had a duty AR15 and was in the mlty that would be a diff story. I only have one and I work security armed and unarmed both of which do not require my AR just my sidearm which is an XDM .40 now that has some scratches etc.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Every time I show someone my rifle somehow they get fingerprints all over it, I dont get it.
That chaps my rear so bad, I dont understand how it happens... First thing I say is Dont touch the glass.... GGRRRR!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts