Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ok i just impulse bought a eotech 552 without really checking it out. i wanted optics for my ar and ran across them and pulled the trigger. are these as good as you hear or is it just the eotech cool-aid. another thing, what have you with eotech's been using as a rear sight for backup since this attaches to the flat-top.

thanks,

rob

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Eotechs are good stuff, I've got the 512AA with nothing but compliments. I've got a Troy battle sight for a rear BUIS.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone. when i built my ar from a kit it didnt have a rear site with it because i ordered it without the carry handle. i was going to just get a rear iron site but my fingers kept typing eotech and then it was over. i hope it comes soon.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just called them to see how long of a wait till shipping and they are out of stock and they are expecting them in in (a month or so) i still have time to cancel my order but i think i will wait it out. i bet their month or so is more like 3 months or so. i wonder why they dont put that on the site:eek:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this seems kinda childish if you ask me. not too professional.

from their site.
Please do not call and ask us to check on your order! If we must check on your order, we will place it at the back of the line. We are using all available man-hours to ship orders, and checking on a specific order delays all orders! If we have to check an order, it will then go to the back of the line. Thanks!

·
Registered
902 Posts
EOTech 552 on LaRue riser, Troy flip-up rear BUIS, LaRue PoBoy for longer stuff and 'glassing'. No regrets.

IIRS correctly the 552 was $370ish before sales tax.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$399 from here:
EOTech HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight 510 - - Reflex Sight Eotech HWS 511 512 512-A65-KIT 511-NL-FN-KIT 511-NL-Sage-KIT 511-D1-KIT 511-A65-KIT 511-A65-DEMO

make sure you select the AA model 512 A65 from the radio buttons... free shipping.
I've been mulling over getting one of these myself.. the biggest upside for me, is it has an included mount.. which the aimpoint doesnt.

my friend bought an Eotech last week, and i got to try it.. its darn nice.

cheers
thats the 512, for 11 bucks cheaper than the 552. whats the differance between the two. is the 552 better?

·
Registered
902 Posts
A local store that I've done a good bit with, and it was over a year ago. I know at the time they said if I didn't like it I could arfcom com it for about what I had in it.

Edited 512 vs. 552: 552 has more brightness levels to be compatible with NV use (the 512 is not intended for NV). The 512 is a fine choice but since the shop was out of them they made me a sweet deal on a 552. Now if only I had proper funds for NV... :cool:

Sorry if my original edit was vague - friggin' gnat stuck in my eye is driving me batguano!

where did you find that price. it was 410.00 there

1 - 20 of 37 Posts