Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Just got back from the range a little bit ago and I was thinking about how much I love my XD. My "low-left" problems are behind me and the XD seems to get smoother everyday. I have been dry firing snap caps everyday and getting positive results at the range. Can't wait for the supertuck to arrive.........No pics tonight, I'll try to get some next time.
David

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yup, dry firing is an excellent thing to do between range trips.....amazing how it acquaints you with sight control and trigger squeeze......and follow through for that matter....

I've had my XD-45 for a year now and it's sweet.......found a load that brings 230gr hollow points into about a 2" group at 25 yards.....just started at minimum recommended loads and worked upward 1/10th grain at a time.....it was both fun and enlightening!!!

The load is not at max pressures and not for everyone, but it sure does like the barrel in my XD!

Keep up the dry firing....and focus on those sights .....it will pay off at the range

Jim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh, one more thing.....I"ve been using the super tuck since about the eighth week of having my 45 tactical.......at first I was feeling odd wearing concealed......and now several months later.....frankly.......I think of it like the american express card.......don't leave home without it.......I'm a pretty big guy so carrying concealed even with a tactical, with appropriate dress is not a problem.......oh, don't forget about the walmart walk.....if folks are still doing it, haha

Jim

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah, Wal-mart is the first place many should "devirginized" for the conceal carry.

I'm waiting on my license, and my high noon(3 months)..

Good to see another GCO member here as well.

Where do you shoot?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't wait to get the supertuck. I have been using a IWB uncle Mike's that works pretty well with a overshirt. The uncle mikes works ok, it just takes two hands to re-holster. I have been down the Wal-mart walk a couple of times now. It does feel wierd the first time:D, like everybody in the store is looking....
I took my daughter to the range at Charlie Elliott this morning, man it was cold!! It was alot of fun and my daughter had a blast. Just a little bit of quality Father/Daughter bonding time:D

Rockerz71 - I am from the Loganville area. I usally shoot at either Bullseye in Lawrenceville or Charlie Elliott in Mansfield. Let me know if you want to go shoot sometime.

David

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm in downtown ATL... Any good ranges around here, or near the northside of town?

I usuallly shoot in Cobb and Fayette county.

·
Premium Member
8,495 Posts
I grew up in snellville, lived downtown for a while, and now live in norcross. I am getting more into shooting at WMA ranges but also shoot at American Classic Marksman in norcross. I am in the areas of Dacula, Snellville, and Lawrenceville often so I might make it over there to shoot some time. Also there is a good range in Forest Park, near the airport, called Georgia Range and Gun you should try if you haven't already FATC1TY

·
Registered
855 Posts
Glad to hear you're loving your XD. After having bought a couple other guns I still love my XD. IMO it's one of the best guns on the market for the money. Really tough to beat. :)

On a side note, I wonder if anyone in Wal-Mart management or corporate realizes how many 'carry cherries' get busted in their stores. :confused: :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts