Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have one of these engraved plates? If so, does it distract you when you look at your sights? I kind of want one but it seems my eye would be drawn to it as a distraction vs straight to the sights on a quick draw.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I have one on our G26s and Shields... Lets me know which is my Wife's and which is mine. My Wife's have USN Logos and mine have FD Maltese Crosses.
The logos haven't been a distraction for us.

·
Banned
0 Posts
My feelings on the subject is they are a little distracting, but you also have to be careful about lawyers. I don't think that any modification to your gun, even if its only cosmetic, will cause more of an issue than punisher or similar icon when brought up in court.

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
I am not a fan, but to each his own.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Im confused about the distraction part... if you draw your gun what is your focus? it should be target and sights. If a little figure on the back of your gun (that you know is there) distracts you when you are drawing and aiming your gun, then i would be a bit concerned for those who are going shooting with you.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im confused about the distraction part... if you draw your gun what is your focus? it should be target and sights. If a little figure on the back of your gun (that you know is there) distracts you when you are drawing and aiming your gun, then i would be a bit concerned for those who are going shooting with you.
.......its pretty common sense and not that hard to figure out.........take a piece of black paper and look at it......take another piece of black paper with a white circle on it and look at it.....the white circle is going to stand out to your eye no matter what.........hence white dots on rear iron sights.

Im just wondering how those that have an engraved rear slide plate feel about it, as it seems it would be somewhat distracting

Oh yea.....everyone who has gone shooting with me has survived lol

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
anyone have one of these engraved plates? If so, does it distract you when you look at your sights? I kind of want one but it seems my eye would be drawn to it as a distraction vs straight to the sights on a quick draw.
Not a problem for me. The only thing that should be in crystal clear focus is your front sight. The rear of your slide, below your line of sight, will be blurred.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I was thinking that if the icon distracts someone from focusing on the front sight and target, they must have a very short attention spa.... Oh look!!! A Butterfly!!! :D :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
You should get it. Then crayon your engravings and get one of those pistol bayonets for the front rail. Your "gat" would be sooooo tight.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should get it. Then crayon your engravings and get one of those pistol bayonets for the front rail. Your "gat" would be sooooo tight.
lol.....i think im going to pass.......the thought came and went, it was never going to be the punisher, that was just the picture example i put up......id skip the bayonet too, put a magpul RVG instead

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
If you want a gun thats nice to look at, save and buy an expensive pistol. You won't want to tack on a bunch of "accessories" to make it look sweet.

Keep your tool the way it is. Don't be that guy with the giant wing on his Honda civic. The civic is a great car, gets the job done for a long time with low maintenance (like the XD/Glocks) but look freaking stupid with all the cosmetic crap tacked on.

Just this guys opinion though.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I have same on one MP Shield with matching mag base. Love them. I asked about USAF ,but they can't do it. A guy on another forum has the also, but wants $32. Way too much IMO.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
I've never seen these available for the XD, only the S&W and Glock. An XD version would have to have a hole right through the middle of it for the striker's "cocked" indicator anyway so any super cool graphic or engraving would be compromised. BTW, I don't think it would be much of a distraction from the front sight, but as stated before, anything but the most benign graphic (military insignia, frat house, Hello Kitty) would most assuredly end up as exhibit A in a defense trial.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
No distraction here. Also, I don't think this looks anything like a giant wing on a Honda Civic.

kypix

Reactions: tcross8361

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
To each his own. Just my personal opinion. I think you get the idea of my metaphor though. That backplate does nothing to improve the function of the pistol other than bling. We aren't talking trigger job or night sights, we are talking little pictures and cosmetic BS.. Just like a big wing on a civic.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

You guys tell me. I just traded another pistol for this as my EDC. Guy before me had the punisher plate on it. It's hardly noticeable while looking down the sights. As was said before it shouldn't be your focus while looking down the sights. I'm going back to the plain jane one once he decided to put it in the mail...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts