Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I put the first 100 rounds through my .45 compact yesterday. :D

While cleaning it this AM. I noticed the back end of the guide rod, (the end with the smaller spring that fits against the barrel lug) appears to have a circular crack in it. If it was there before, I havn't noticed it, should I be concerned? I searched and did not see a similar thread, thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
With out a picture to see it. It sounds like the edge of the weld (where the weld slag is) has chipped off with use. If that is what it is, it is suppose to do that, but would be nice to see a picture for sure.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks for the picture. What I see is nothing different than what I see on mine. Its normal.
Enjoy your gun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new here obviously, although i did read this forum some before i bought my XD.

Anyway are all the captured recoil spring guide rods supposed to be welded together? Because the rod on my new 4" 45ACP is not and it keeps on loosening up when I fire. I even shot the inner rod downrange at my first range session. :eek: I sent an email to Springfield on Monday and haven't heard back yet.

any help would be appreciated.

here's a pic of the rod unscrewed a little

·
Registered
93 Posts
heritic - I am not a gun smith, but... if any part of my weapon went down range with the bullet I would consider it broken and seek service where I purchased it.

good luck
LINK74

·
Registered
410 Posts
You should call them instead of e-mailing them. They'd probably send you one for free without needing the one you have now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I figured that I would deal with the company rather than the store. they didn't make the faulty guide rod after all.

yea i'll probably have to give them a call on Monday. from what i've read around here they are pretty good about this sort of thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts