Springfield XD Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
If a metal base was made the mag would be the same length as it is now. I cut about .200", before fitting the floor plate, and welding in place. For it to be a slip in base plate the mag tube would have to be re-formed and the floor plate formed to match. Tooling costs would not make it reasonable. The welded floor plate is traditional anyway, and a cleaner look.

LOG
How do you take mag apart for cleaning

·
Registered
26 Posts
How do you take mag apart for cleaning
Interesting how soon we forget. :shock: The fixed metal floor plate is the original 1911 design. Same way.:p Compress the follower, pin the spring through the witness hole, shake out the follower, release the spring. Reverse to assemble.

LOG

·
Registered
1 Posts
log man would you please send me the information needed to send payment and emp mags to be modified. I was not able to send you a pm due to just registering. Thanks in advance for your pm.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
He also frequents 1911Forum if you don't get a hold of him here.

His profile page 1911Forum

You might have to be a member of that forum to see those links properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had log man from 1911Forum - Powered by vBulletin mod 2 of my EMP mags this week.

Old Log's EMP Mag Mod w/Pics - 1911Forum

He did a great job on them.
I sent them off Monday and had them back Friday.
He charges $20.00 per mag plus $7.00 for Priority mail return, so one is $27.00 or two is $47.00 and three $67.00, and so on.
He only takes Postal money orders for payments.

You do lose a round with this mod, but I had no problem with that.
I was already used to carrying either a Sig P239 or my Kimber CDP Ultra.
Both of them are 8 +1 anyway.
He says he can do this mod to either 9mm or 40cal EMP mags.

Before...

After........

And now I have witness holes....
Top hole is used to hold the spring to take them apart for cleaning.

How do I contact log man

I like it...

·
Registered
34 Posts
How do I contact log man??
Not sure if you contacted him yet, but as UGADawgs mentioned, click on your account (click in the outlined M in the upper right corner in the title bar above), select conversations, select "start conversation', put log man in the "to:" line.

Hope this helps

61 - 72 of 72 Posts