Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ya, my 1911 knowledge lacks any experience.
Me too brother..
I just recently starting learning about them myself..
12 months ago I didn't know what a barrel bushing was (although the EMP doesn't have one) or how to even field strip a 1911.
Now I can take one apart down to the frame in less than 3 minutes with a single pin punch and a driver to remove the grip screws..
These are truly the easiest guns to take apart and put back together I've ever owned..:cool:
Last weekend I installed a Harrison trigger (smooth face and black) and a single side Ed Brown thumb saftey.
Did it myself...

Before..

After..

The Internet is a wonderful learning tool for my firearms knowledge..

my thoughts exactly, sure wish i could stumble across about a grand. anyone know any good places/prices to find this thing?
Well, I had to sell two pistols to buy the Kimber.
Then I had to sell the Kimber to buy the EMP..
Last year I couldn't find a 9mm EMP for under $1300 anywhere, so I bought the Kimber CDP Ultra.
Great pistol and no problems, but the EMP fits in my grip better and also has the SA warranty.
I picked up the EMP, with the G-10 grips, for $1095.
They had the rosewood gripped EMPs marked at $1295.
I think they had them backwards.
But I do like the G-10 grips over the wood..

I'm researching refinishers to redo the slide, I want the gun all black.
Probably have CCR Cerahide it, or let SA do it in the next month or two.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I picked up the EMP, with the G-10 grips, for $1095.
They had the rosewood gripped EMPs marked at $1295.
I think they had them backwards.
But I do like the G-10 grips over the wood..

where did you buy your emp from?

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
755 Posts
well i went ahead and purchased an EMP, now its time to send two mags the the logman!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Log Man did his mods to a pair of EMP mags for me. Excellent work and beautiful result. The EMP is my carry gun and the flush mag helps make this one of the best conceal carry options there is.​

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
+1, very nice work.

·
Registered
755 Posts
here are some pics after log man did his thing... can't recommend enough!

before

after

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am trying to get in contact with Log Man to modify a couple of magazines for my EMP. For some reason I cannot sent him a PM through the 1911 forum. Can anyone assist me in getting in contact?

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I am trying to get in contact with Log Man to modify a couple of magazines for my EMP. For some reason I cannot sent him a PM through the 1911 forum. Can anyone assist me in getting in contact?

He is post #3 on this thread.
Did you try to PM him on XDtalk?

I think his email is on his profile on 1911forum.com as well.

It may take him a day or so to get back to you.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Got my modified mags back from Logman. Excellent work! :D
(I just don't understand why springfield doesn't make this option from the factory?)

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Why doesnt someone make a stamped REMOVABLE base plat for the mags?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why doesnt someone make a stamped REMOVABLE base plat for the mags?
If a metal base was made the mag would be the same length as it is now. I cut about .200", before fitting the floor plate, and welding in place. For it to be a slip in base plate the mag tube would have to be re-formed and the floor plate formed to match. Tooling costs would not make it reasonable. The welded floor plate is traditional anyway, and a cleaner look.

LOG

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just received two mags from log man. They look excellent. THe quality of the work is very much over the top. Very pleased. Took one week total turn arounf time including shipping both ways.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 72 Posts