Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the verge of purchasing a Springfield EMP, and the only thing holding me back (well, besides the price) is the size/concealability of the EMP. Does anyone out there carry it iwb with just a t-shirt or two for cover? I am 5'11' 160 lbs, so it's not like there is a lot of flab to break up the outline :) I know this is a bit of a newb question, but I really don't want to dump $1100 into it only to find out it is just a bit large for EDC :) Thanks!

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
I'm about your size and I have no problem with my xdm compact. An EMP would be a breeze compared to that.
Just buy some dark colored or printed shirts in a larger size than you normally wear. To make it even easier, there is a thread here somewhere of a guy you can send the mags to that will remove the factory baseplate and replace it with a flush fitting one.
Those EMPs are SWEET! Go for it!

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I carry an EMP OWB in the summer under a dark t shirt.:shock:;)

Go for it.
I'm very happy with my EMP...:cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yep. It wears and conceals very well. Sweet shooter too. Preferred carry is OWB holster, but works well with my MTAC IWB holster too. Lightweight means I don't notice it on my hip.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
1lowlife, that is one good looking EMP! Just came across some more pics of it, that muzzle crown is crazy! I like it.

Thanks for the input, although alas, I have decided the funds are just not there, maybe someday...
I sold 3 guns to buy the EMP and have it customized. :shock:
No regrets what so ever..;) :cool:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Damn that's pretty!! Wish I had the cash...wont part with anything I have to get one tho...

·
Registered
569 Posts
The EMP had been on my list of desired pistols for several years before I finally purchased one. It fit the same IWB holster I have for a Kimber Ultra CDP II. The weight and size make it comfortable to carry during warm weather.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It gets hot here in the high Sonoran desert. No problems carrying my EMP 9.
I just picked up her big brother yesterday, an XDm 5.25 9mm. Very nice gun in every way!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts