Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a EMP 9mm a short time a go, haven't had any of the problems I've read about, PURRS like a kitten. I've fed it several different brands and types of ammo, even mixed them up, only 2 FTF, first round took a nose dive.That was early on, first 100 rds. Total so far about 500 rds, and its an early model #32XX. SWEET GUN !

·
Registered
140 Posts
<-- Jealous! Went out looking here in town, not a single EMP to be found. Not going to order one until I can put it in my hands and get a feel for it first. Gun show in town in two weeks, I hope one is there to I can make my final decision.

*hint* If you are a vendor and will be at the Wichita Falls Gun & Knife Show on 8-9 October, I'll be there looking to buy an EMP 9mm with the G10 grips. :) *end of hint (and threadjack)*

AK, keep giving reports. I'm *very* interested in how it performs!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While shooting several freinds auto's, 1st round dead on, trying a double tap the target was SAFE from injury, (can't say that about the surronding area),with the EMP all 9 where inside 12 in, rapid fire! The triger takes some getting use to ( no back travel), then watch out targets !!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
<-- Jealous! Went out looking here in town, not a single EMP to be found. Not going to order one until I can put it in my hands and get a feel for it first. Gun show in town in two weeks, I hope one is there to I can make my final decision.

*hint* If you are a vendor and will be at the Wichita Falls Gun & Knife Show on 8-9 October, I'll be there looking to buy an EMP 9mm with the G10 grips. :) *end of hint (and threadjack)*

AK, keep giving reports. I'm *very* interested in how it performs!
Get the one with wood grips and save the difference.
With the money you saved, go to Davidson knifes and get the grips ( he mades the grips for SA)
Now you have the gun and two set of grips for the same money

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
ABOUT how much $ are you all paying for your EMP's? I'm looking at getting one for my gf.
I currently have an XD9, which is a great gun. My gf likes it as well, but the EMP is a little thinner, which is perfect for her. She picked up a Kimber at our LGS, then I saw the EMP (which I hadn't heard of before that), and she liked the feel of the EMP better.
Thanks for all the help everyone.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have had my EMP for a little over a month or so and only had it to the range once so far. I put about 175 rounds thru her with only one hiccup. At one point on 1 round it did not go into full battery. A little pressure with my thumb took care of that. It is a really smooth shooter, I really expected more recoil. There is one thing I did not like and that is that little plastic thing you use to put on the guide rod. I found this on ebay and ordered it just to try it out and it works perfectly!! I will include a link to the ebay add. I have nothing to do with this company except to order one and try it. Also, Does anyone know if anyone is making a stainless caputred guide rod system for these? Thanks, Dave

EMP .40 9mm Springfield Pistol Handgun Break Down Tool | eBay Scroll down and watch the video.

·
Registered
67 Posts
1lowlife, Love your emp! Who did your mods, and what were they? What is it called when you have the end of the barrel sunk in like that?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I like mine.;)

That is a fine looking firearm. What finish is that? I like the look. Why does this beautiful gun have to cost so much, LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been a very happy SA owner but need something smaller for concealed carry.

Looked at the emp 9 and liked it except for the price. Almost double that of the kahr.

Also heard there were feed issues with the emp 9.

Any comments from those that have looked at or own both?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have been a very happy SA owner but need something smaller for concealed carry.

Looked at the emp 9 and liked it except for the price. Almost double that of the kahr.

Also heard there were feed issues with the emp 9.

Any comments from those that have looked at or own both?
Hi XDAV, I have the EMP9. I will admit the price is a little up there but I think all in all it is worth it. The gun is actually very light and dead on target. I only have 175 rounds thru mine so far with only one FTF and actually it DID feed just did not get into full battery. I was able to just put a tad bit of pressure at the end of the slide with my thumb and it was no problem. I was using WWB ammo so it might have just been a little light load. Good luck with your choice, Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts