Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,m looking to buy a 9mm for daily carrying, I have a XD 45c but would like something smaller for all day use. Has any one here shot the EMP 9mm? Plus does anyone have a side by side picture of the two guns? Because the gun shop by me only has the XD9mm in stock, but I would like to see the diffence between the two guns .

·
Registered
65 Posts
I haven't shot the EMP but it is a phenominal looking gun...... BUt you could get two XD's for that price, and I know the XD's shoot beautifully.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't shot the EMP but it is a phenominal looking gun...... BUt you could get two XD's for that price, and I know the XD's shoot beautifully.
I agree that the XD's shoot beautifully, and cost a lot less but I was just wondering how much more concealable the EMP is compared to the XDSC9mm, I will probable get the XD but I would still like to see a picture of the two side by side, just to compare.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Its a little thinner so its easier to hide, but you are supposed to dress around the gun not vise/verse, I carry a xdsc .40, a little heaver & 1 size bigger t-shirt with a IWB holster hasn't been noticed yet. If you are willing to spend the extra $$$$ and like the gun by all means get it.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
I just looked at them both and bought another XD9SC as my Fall/Winter carry. The EMPs are beautiful and once broken in are great shooters but I couldn't justify the extra $550 for a gun about 1/2 of an inch thinner. I also kept the option to carry 10+1 or 16+1 with the SC.

·
Registered
82 Posts
not to hijack, or interrupt anyones thread...but can someone please tell me how the SC9 shoots?
I own the 4" Service model now..
I've been wanting a sub9 fro a while now. there's just something about the mini XD...

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
not to hijack, or interrupt anyones thread...but can someone please tell me how the SC9 shoots?
I own the 4" Service model now..
I've been wanting a sub9 fro a while now. there's just something about the mini XD...
I find it pretty close to the Service 9 with just a little bit more muzzle flip. Hard to notice but it's there due I guess to the decreased weight in the barrel and slide. It's as smooth as my Service in operation after the first 200 rounds or so. I had one FTF (feed) that I isolated down to a bad round of WWB ammo. I like it much more for IWB carry because the extra length of the Svc. caused a slight skin rub using a CompTac Minotaur XD Slide holster. I'd highly recommend the pinky extension for the 10 round mags, it helped my accuracy a lot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Exactly where I was going...

The Xd9 I own has over 8000 rounds thru it without a FTE/FTF....the gun is the energizer bunny........

I love it, but it is service sized....
I'm loving the xd operation, and think it would be great in compact.

Might have to break down and buy it!:twisted:

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
Exactly where I was going...

The Xd9 I own has over 8000 rounds thru it without a FTE/FTF....the gun is the energizer bunny........

I love it, but it is service sized....
I'm loving the xd operation, and think it would be great in compact.

Might have to break down and buy it!:twisted:
If you can swing it I think now would be a good time to do it. I'd be willing to bet that they're a little harder to come by and more expensive in the next month or so. ;)

The shop I bought mine from Monday mentioned that last Friday was an all time record for Gun sales for them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yup;

Got an all German P228 that I never shoot....I'll sell it to finance the XD

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I,m looking to buy a 9mm for daily carrying, I have a XD 45c but would like something smaller for all day use. Has any one here shot the EMP 9mm? Plus does anyone have a side by side picture of the two guns? Because the gun shop by me only has the XD9mm in stock, but I would like to see the diffence between the two guns .
I have both. XD9SC is a *good* gun. EMP is a *great* gun. EMP shoots so good I regularly compete with it. It is more concealable than the XD9SC in terms of where and how I carry (AIWB).

It's probably the last gun I'd consider selling, if I ever had to come to that. Beautiful, reliable, accurate, fits my hand perfectly, concealable - not really giving much up to the XD9SC, except for price. For me, its worth every penny.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Agree mostly with Bicycle. I have both, but I am getting a bit perturbed at the night sights from SA. The front post has gone out twice on the EMP and once on a full size. But sorry that is neither here nor there.

As soon as the EMP gets back, I'll take some detailed side by side pictures for everyone's benefit.

I didn't like how thin the factory grips were so I bulked up every so lightly with some Davidson's Horned Lizards and now the gun is perfect. I am having the ambi safety changed to one sided so that it will be my perfect carry pistol. It conceals much better for me since I have such a thin frame. Shoots like hell too!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on a XD9SC ... but than again, I want a XD45 Service or Tactical ... Decisions.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I love my XD9SC and it is my favorite all around gun, but I have the EMP on my short list. It may still be my next pistol purchase, but I picked up a Sig P6 first since I know I can always find an EMP later.

These pictures aren't mine, but they are a very good comparison. I hope the owner doesn't mind me reposting them (I can't seem to find the original site so I can't give credit).

Enjoy.
-hype

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I love my XD9sc..
It is third in line to my Sig P229 and P239....
The XD9sc was my main carry, until I got my P239..:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I own the XDSC, and have a decent amount of trigger time behind an EMP. They both feel good in the hand, but they are both different. The EMP seems easier to conceal, but only somewhat marginally. The EMP will need some break-in, and possible a trip back to Springfield for some touch ups. They will get it running 100% though, it just may take some time. I wouldn't really trust it until you have at least 500 flawless rounds through it. I would still test the XD, but I would have a lot more confidence in it out of the box.

In the end, if you have an extra $500+ and some time and money for a break in, I would get the EMP. If you want to be up and running quickly and save some money, I wouldn't hesitate to get the XDSC. I can't belive how well mine shoots, I just wish it had a little less girth for concealability.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Another vote for the 9sc. It is very accurate and easy to carry all day long.

Out to 25 yards you will see no difference in accuracy over it's larger brothers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts