Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the Tagua holster for the Colt 1911 3" will fit the EMP?

My local dealer has a Tagua for the 1911 3" but it is left handed. I like the Tagua for my .40 Springfield Compact I just want to make sure the one on their site will fit my EMP.

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Which holster specifically? Generally, the form fitted holsters may or may not fit each of the guns mentioned. I have a FIST holster for the Defender that also fits the EMP. I have an El Paso holster that doesn't.

The EMP is slightly slimmer than the Defender so the fit EMP may be a little loose, but not much.

The non-form fitting holster will work of course.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the fitted one. My dealer has the thumb break version but it is left handed and the EMP fits that fine. I was going to buy the open carry one. I could always buy the thumb break since I know it fits and break off the strap.

The one my dealer has just says 1911 3" and the EMP fits in it fine it is just left handed.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
My EMP fits fine in the holster I had made for my Kimber CDP Ultra..

Although I did have to have another mag holder made.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I went back down to my local dealer again. The Tag holster just says Colt 1911 3" and the EMP fits in it perfectly. Too bad it is left handed I would buy one from him on the spot. He said he is going to call the rep to get restocked. I will probably just order one from the website.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a Milton Sparks that was listed as 3" 1911, and my EMP fits like a glove

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should try the holster from N82 tactical, The Original. I LOVE it.
I spent over $100.00 trying different holsters and this one beats them all. And ti's only $70.00 for the tuckable version

1 - 7 of 7 Posts