Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's the best place online to buy really long lasting emergency candles? I'd really love to supplement my battery powered lanterns with them.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Instead of candles you can get led flashlights/lanterns that have longer run times than most candles.
I think the idea was for diversity, when that massive EMP/solar flare hits and fries electronics he'll be glad to have some old school technology!

Actually I'm not sure if an EMP would take out LED lanterns but I'm not taking the risk!

·
Registered
133 Posts
candles and flashlights may both provide light, but they have some major differences...

candles can provide a little bit of heat/warmth and could be used for cooking/boiling water/sterilizing a needle, where a flash light can't.

Having said that, flashlights don't blow out and operate in the rain. With rechargeable batteries, they last longer too.

Nuwick 120 Hour Candle - Nuwick, Inc.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diversity is the main goal. I just would feel better if my eggs aren't all in an electronic basket.

On a side note, Wiggy's has some kind of new perpetual light source. Looks like it will last a long time.

Thanks for the help! All of these options are much better than what I found.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts