Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently bought an XD9, while at the range I had the range officer shoot mine. It shot far up and to the left. I had the windage fixed by the range gunsmith but he said there was nothing I could do about elevation.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the XD9 supposed to be point of aim? I have the TFO's, are they supposed to change to 6 o'clock? Well you have to aim even lower than a usual 6 o'clock aim.

How do you change the elevation? Thanks..

-June Kim

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
junekim said:
Hi everyone,

I recently bought an XD9, while at the range I had the range officer shoot mine. It shot far up and to the left. I had the windage fixed by the range gunsmith but he said there was nothing I could do about elevation.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the XD9 supposed to be point of aim? I have the TFO's, are they supposed to change to 6 o'clock? Well you have to aim even lower than a usual 6 o'clock aim.

How do you change the elevation? Thanks..

-June Kim
The XD 40 manual says 6 o'clock aim. My guess would be the same for the 9.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
6 o'clock aim would be correct. Mine shoots low with 115gr. loads, but right on with 124's.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
junekim said:
I have the TFO's, are they supposed to change to 6 o'clock? Well you have to aim even lower than a usual 6 o'clock aim.

How do you change the elevation?
Did you happen to shoot it before the TFO's were installed and, if so, what was the POA/POI relationship then?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts