Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Like many of you probably are I've been thinking ahead to the election since the primaries so this is a little late but nonetheless important. Based on history what do you think will be in high demand or inflated if the worst possible happens and Hillary gets elected? The standard run on ammo and mags will be the norm I'm sure but what else should we be stocking up on? I've bought a few lowers already this year to hedge my bets and ammo/mags whenever I find a good deal but what else? Do you think everything else will dry up as well like BCG/parts/upper assemblies? I wish i had the funds to go all out and buy everything I think I'll ever need right now but of course life isn't that easy now is it?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
If/when Hillary gets in I don't think you'll see major 2A actions for a while. She's gonna want a second term. I'd reckon that any AWB will take place if she gets a 2nd term or once she sees the writing on the wall during her first term.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
If/when Hillary gets in I don't think you'll see major 2A actions for a while. She's gonna want a second term. I'd reckon that any AWB will take place if she gets a 2nd term or once she sees the writing on the wall during her first term.
or do it in the first 4 months and let it settle over 3 years.

Reactions: djwiteboi

·
Registered
11,703 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
or do it in the first 4 months and let it settle over 3 years.
I was thinking the same. Unless they can get the SCOTUS in their favor early on it will most likely all be by executive order and that can happen at anytime without any real recourse until it's challenged in the SCOTUS. I know nothing major should happen until she's sworn in if she's elected but I wouldn't put it past Obama to throw something out there before he's done either ya know?

I'm with ya on consumables knightslugger I'm just thinking worst case does everything dry up and for example do these lowers I bought become useless in the event I can't find proper uppers for them? I'm not putting anything past these guys that's all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think everything firearms-related will be in short supply, but since this is the AR forum I'll limit my answer to everything AR-related.
That's my thought too but we all know those darn 'assault weapons' are always first to go! I figure i can always buy a pistol or shotgun even under the strictest gun control provided they don't straight up try to alter the interpretation of the 2A.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
IMO, it will be at least next spring/summer before we see any potential AWB threat at the federal level. Check your state though. Here in WA we have the threat of an AWB and/or Mag limit next year.

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
IMO, it will be at least next spring/summer before we see any potential AWB threat at the federal level. Check your state though. Here in WA we have the threat of an AWB and/or Mag limit next year.
Get Inslee the F outta there. If he was any further in Bloomberg's pocket he'd be lint.

I hadn't heard about any new bans in WA, are you on NWFA? I am a member, but haven't checked in much recently...I'm in OR.

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
I'm not one to throw out Xs, but I respectfully disagree. The anti-gun nuts think they are safe to run on an anti-gun platform, Bloomberg told em so and provided the money to make it profitable for them to do so. If Hillary wins, even by the slightest of margins, she will dismiss any and all extenuating factors (like 3rd party, never Trump-ers, fraud, the rigged primary and nomination process) and call it a mandate. She'll have to strike FAST while she thinks she has momentum and before the mid-term backlash makes her irrelevant.

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
Specifically, I'd say watch for mag capacity restrictions and the ubiquitous "Universal BGC". The AWB will be tempered by a "If you like your AW, you can keep your AW...as long as it's registered"...which will be followed by an outright ban and mandatory surrender EO within 3 days ("I've struggled with this decision" speech) of the most conveniently timed mass shooting.

I don't think the jack-booted thugs will be kicking down doors (much), but registered owners of unsurrendered AWs will be flagged and any contact with police (traffic stop, house fire, routine license-plate reader, burglary, parking ticket) will be PC for a warrant. You get the idea...common sense, for the children.

I also think British-style storage laws will make an appearance. These make it pretty obvious to LE that a firearm used for lawful self defense was improperly stored...if it was stored in accordance with the law, it would be unavailable for defensive purposes. Easy warrant, easy bust, no danger to LEOs. They might even find some felonious 13 rd XDsc mags laying around...SCORE! Hillary has already backtracked on her statement that "Heller" was wrong...NOW she says that it was over concern about killer toddlers (notice the parallel between her equivocation and Brady's latest campaign? Uncanny, huh.), although she has NEVER made a statement containing anything even NEAR that concern until now. Makes sense because "Heller" had absolutely 0 to do with that issue.

She wants to protect and preserve the 2ndA...that's what she says now. Protect it from who, exactly? According to one of her flacks, from US...people who "abuse" the RKBA. That's right...gun owners are "abusing" the right to keep and bear arms. I couldn't make that up, it's right outta her campaign staff and if pressed to do so, I can prove it. Anybody here still "...With Her"?

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I think it's a good time to buy an AR - I got a Ruger SR556 Takedown not too long ago because I think Shrillary is a shoe in and that's going to scare people plenty.

Actual laws won't change IMO until her leftist picks for the courts can get in and get a gun case they can use to take away our rights. Executive actions on guns will be ignored by red states and they'll never pass actual restrictive laws as long as the GOP has filibuster numbers in the Senate or a House majority.

But the courts, yeah when she wins we're going to get hosed there.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I'm not one to throw out Xs, but I respectfully disagree. The anti-gun nuts think they are safe to run on an anti-gun platform, Bloomberg told em so and provided the money to make it profitable for them to do so. If Hillary wins, even by the slightest of margins, she will dismiss any and all extenuating factors (like 3rd party, never Trump-ers, fraud, the rigged primary and nomination process) and call it a mandate. She'll have to strike FAST while she thinks she has momentum and before the mid-term backlash makes her irrelevant.
You could be right. I just don't think after an election in which she's not very popular with either parties is she gonna go scorched earth. The first AWB passed by slim margins and probably only passed because there was a 10 year moratorium attached to it.

You're smart enough to know that the anti gun sentiments aren't as strong as some lefties would like us to believe. If the Dems don't take control of the house and senate I don't see her doing something as drastic as that right off the bat via executive action. If she enacts a ban and crime goes through the roof her chances at re-election go way down.

I hope we are both wrong and nothing happens. That's not likely however.

·
Administrator
16,907 Posts
We've never been better armed in the history of our country. Gun control is the best thing that ever happened to the gun industry. AWB did nothing except sell assault weapons. Sandy hook, nothing. Obama, nothing. Hillary is nothing but business as usual. Politicians yak. Extreme ends keep arguing. Americans in the middle just don't care or don't see a problem. And Supreme don't reverse rulings. Even Scalia agreed gun control is constitutional. So basically more of the same, nothing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I definitely hope it's more along the lines of business as usual. I can weather a gun buy panic here and there just fine but it's the thought of people acting on all the nonsense they're spewing that makes me nervous. She has seemed to back down on a lot of her extreme ideals lately but I feel like that's more of a ploy to get more votes than anything then once she's in she can EO however she sees fit. It would definitely be even worse should she get to nominate more than the one open seat on the SCOTUS we have now or if the Dems get control of either house of Congress. Uncertain times indeed.

·
Registered
29,825 Posts
We've never been better armed in the history of our country. Gun control is the best thing that ever happened to the gun industry. AWB did nothing except sell assault weapons. Sandy hook, nothing. Obama, nothing. Hillary is nothing but business as usual. Politicians yak. Extreme ends keep arguing. Americans in the middle just don't care or don't see a problem. And Supreme don't reverse rulings. Even Scalia agreed gun control is constitutional. So basically more of the same, nothing.
Well...AWB 94 did more than just "AW's"...

Unless you liked paying $40 for a 15 or 17rd pre ban Glock magazine.

And I'd argue that the AWB didn't slow down "AW"'s much...I bought my first AR15--a Busmaster A2 HB-- during the time.

The only thing different between it and one I would buy now?

No flash hider or bayonet lug.

But they WERE a lot more expensive; I paid just over $700 for it; given, this was before BM got bought out and went down the tubes, but if you'd adjust for inflation...that'd be well over $1k now.

I tend to agree, though. I don't think--barring a D takeover in Congress--you're going to see any actual action on gun control. Words, yes. But no action.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Either candidate's health is such that they won't live to see a second term. Just my non-MD guess/opinion.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts