Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cleaned my new XD9 for the first time (I haven't shot it yet), and noticed that the ejector can be moved a little bit. Is this normal? My guess is that it is, but I'd like confirmation.

·
Registered
141 Posts
the ejector or extractor? is it on slide or the frame if it is the ejector the one on the frame i would say its not normal mine sure doesnt move

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do mean the ejector - on the frame. I guess move is a little strong. I can wiggle it left and right just a little, and up and down a little less.

·
Registered
141 Posts
had to pull mine out of safe and break it down but side to side no movement up down maybe a teeny teeny bit could barly tell theres around 1200 rounds though mine

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is yours a 9 or 40? Probably wouldn't be some play in one and not in the other, though. I guess I'll call Springfield Armory tomorrow and see what their response is.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Not Engineer, but the ejector does move up and down. The ejector is held in place by two pins the ejector pin and sear pin, but only the sear pin is held in place by the frame twice so this is the firm area. The ejector pin is pushed through the frame then the ejector its there mainly to hold the sear spring arm down, since it only goes through the frame only once it is not a s secure as the sear pin. Hence you get the movement up and down and some side to side. Dont pull at it but it should not give you any problems, oh this is what also helps your ejector from breaking, some of the tolerances of the mags are a little loose so the ejector can move some what, several hundredths of an inch will work wonders.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Ill bring out some pics that have not been shown in a long time. These are pics I did about 2 yrs ago maybe.

This one shows a side view and shows how the magazine pushed up into the ejector, it has pushed up but there is still more room to give.

This shows what happens when you use aftermarket mags like Berretta and sig mags or what would happen if the ejector had no play movement. All the way on the other side of the opening you will see that the ejector arm has broken off. Surprisingly though the xd will continue to function normally.

this shows the two pins I was talking about, the top one is the sear pin pushed out to the left side towards what would be the ejection side. Then the bottom pin pulled out to the right is the ejector pin. you will also notice the sear spring right in the middle is poped up since it is not being held down by the ejector pin.

this shows the ejector that is partially removed

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
is it bad to slap mags into the XD? Any worry of the ejector breaking from that? I got into the bad habbit of slapping mags in while shooting glocks (slapping the mag into a glcok causes the slide release to release the slide and chamber a round, for those of you who didn't know or haven't experienced a glock) Would be cool if teh XD did that too, but oh well. I like my XD better anyways.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Yes, you can break the ejector slamming in the magazines. I have dremeled in a notch on all of my magazines to allow clearance for the ejector when seating the magazines "with gusto". BTW, I have had ejectors break with factory magazines and in both 9mm and .40 caliber,
and in both Service and Tactical models. No, no malfunctions with feeding rounds from the modified magazines.

And yes, I can get the slide to release when seating the mag, just like with the Glocks. Glocks are easier, but with practice it can be done with XDs. Just gotta find the "sweet spot". Sometimes useful in competition :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts