Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my question was on how much side-to-side play normal in an XD and how much is excessive and since I did a search on that issue without much result, I feel that the one response I got to my question was not very helpful to a new XD owner.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Check the holes in the polymer frame if they are still round you are good to go. If your holes start to turn oblong then you have to start to worry. The ejector is only held in place by two pins....the sear pin and small sear pin aka ejector pin. These pin are held in place by the holes in the frame as song as the holes are round and hold the pins somewhat tuant you are good to go. This should be part of your normal maintnence checking the frame with a looksy and see of anything is out of the ordinary. But to tell you the truth in the many xd`s and hs2000`s I have seen not one had problems with the ejector pin hole or the sear pin holes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, James, for your comprehensive answer to my ejector question. I feel better about the "wiggle" now. I would like at some time, however, to be able to purchase a machined barstock ejector a little wider than the stock one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts