Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Equipment: Highnoon Downunder IWB (RH) , XD40 Service

Has anyone had any problems with the front edge of the ejection port snagging on the inside of their holster?

The holster molding of course had a small "bump" that fit the ejection port. After numerous draws and 2 years of use, the front upper corner of the ejection port has torn into the leather (this is about where the belt applies pressure) and I now have a flap on the inside of the holster that snags on the corner of the port.

I can cut the flap off but has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone had the front edge of the port rounded to smooth the draw? Any other options other than a Kydex holster (not a big fan of those...)?

Thanks

·
Registered
359 Posts
Tug harder! :D

I'm sorry for the joke. I dunno what to tell you besides I see no problem "cutting" the little flap off. If it is an IWB, then gravity is what holds the gun in mostly. I doubt that little flappy thing will make any noticable difference. And hey, if it'll smooth out your draw, I say go for it! Tugging harder is more work anyways. :lol:

-stunks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes, I have the same problem with the XD in a leather holster. It really slows down the draw which is why I'll only use Kydex with the XD (I only use the XD for sport).

If I ever have the slide refinished I my have that sharp edge chamfered. It wouldn't have cost the factory much to have that done when milling the slide in the first place. I guess we can't expect an H&K for the price we pay for the XD.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I will avoid this holster in the future.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know this is apples and oranges but, I have the same problem with a particular leather holster and a G29. IMO, it is a problem that just exists with some holsters and pistol models. If you like the pair, carry them. I carry the leather and G29 that has the same problem you describe.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

I have been considering a Fist hybrid for some time so now may be a good time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts