Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mailed off my XD to SA through Megan (isn't she cool?) Anyway it came back today. At first I was suprised they were done so quickly. Then I was shocked to find they'd shipped it in a little plastic case big enough for just the gun. Ok cool, I have an extra case. I open the case and am confronted with 2 things; a *very* black looking slide and a magazine in the gun. I didn't remember shipping it with a mag so they must have sent one. Sweet! Free mag!. Oh but wait...the numbering on the back indicates that it's a super-leet tactifrickencool 16 round a**-kicking mother-of-all mags magazine. It's so purdy... Then I turn my attention to the slide and realize they refinished it for me. Guess that scratch was worse then I thought :eek: . The fact that my slide is now darker then my frame is something I'll have to get used to but if it means it won't rust when I start carrying I'm fine with that ;).

This level of customer service makes me that much more confident about purchasing another SA XD.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to a local indoor pistol range today to function test the thing. 200+ rounds later no malfunction. It used to have FTEs at around 100-150 rounds. I'm very pleased with SA's service and the preformance of my XD. It's still "scary accurate" according to my dad and ran through WWB like no tomorrow. I think I scared a family of 4 asian americans when I fired 36 rounds (1x16rnd 2x10rnd mags) off as fast as I could (maybe 20 seconds or so) trying to get the pistol to fail. Good news is nothing I did worked and the XD functioned flawlessly (minus my fumbling a mag change :oops: ).

tightlines: yes....go break your ejector and email Megan post-haste ;)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
aaahhh haaa, so the moral of the story is never send your XD to Springfield Armory with a magazine in it! They will have to get one to test it and then forget to take it out when they send it back. Darn......... :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
was this on a xd40? my 40 runs into ejection problems quite frequently. the spent casing looks like it snags on the next round in the magazine and the spent casing just sits in the chamber. chamber isn't tight though.. i just lock the slide back eject the mag and tilt the gun up a tad and the casing slides out...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WRENCHHEAD said:
was this on a xd40? my 40 runs into ejection problems quite frequently. the spent casing looks like it snags on the next round in the magazine and the spent casing just sits in the chamber. chamber isn't tight though.. i just lock the slide back eject the mag and tilt the gun up a tad and the casing slides out...
Mine would do that. Except I had to pry the casing out. Empty casings would get caught in just about every imaginable position and then some. Mostly they would not be extracted all the way. I have a 9mm. My advice is to see if you can detail strip and clean it and if that doesn't work send it in but make sure you don't send it with a mag/case ;).

·
Registered
34 Posts
i clean it out before every range trip and i almost get a fte or 2 every time, really bugging me. i'm thinking i'm gonna bring a digi cam with me the next time out and take a pic of whats happening so springfield can see whats going on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts