Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm interested in purchasing an EFK ported barrel. Any recommendations on which vendors to purchase this from? Also, do these barrels need to be transacted through a dealer or can it be shipped straight to the home?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok guys, more questions:

"Q: I am thinking of getting a ported 9mm barrel. Do I need to do anything else to the gun?
A: Because of the recoil reduction caused by the ported barrel, we suggest that you downsize your spring to 16 pounds. For a non-ported barrel, your stock setup is just fine. "

Is it necessary to get a 16# spring w/ the ported barrel? I'm asking this b/c I almost thought about getting a 22# from Don's so I want to make sure if by getting a ported barrel I NEED to get a lighter spring or if I could just keep mine.

Also, the list of choices for the barrels list:
9mm Ported and 9mm Ported Non-Conversion.
What's the difference?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I put a EFK ported barrel in my wifes XD9 and the recoil reduction was not noticable. Just letting you know our experience. It was an EXTREMELY accurate barrel though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
koruptor said:
Ok guys, more questions:

Also, the list of choices for the barrels list:
9mm Ported and 9mm Ported Non-Conversion.
What's the difference?

Thanks guys.
A 9mm conversion barrel is made to fit in a .40 S&W slide(such as the XD40).
A 9mm barrel (or 9mm non-conversion barrel) is made to fit in a 9mm slide (such as the XD9).

So, if you want to shoot 9mm ammo with a .40 S&W pistol, you need to buy a 9mm conversion barrel.

If you want to shoot 9mm ammo with a 9mm pistol, you need to buy a 9mm barrel (or 9mm non-conversion barrel).

I just received my wife's EFK 9mm conversion barrel for our XD40 a few days ago. It only took about 4 minutes to 'fit' the barrel to the slide. We did not feel the need to get the ported version.
Haven't gotten it to the range yet, very anxious!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts