Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally tested my new EFK Fire Dragon 9mm conversion barrel for my XD-40 Service yesterday at my outdoor range. I used Remington UMC and WWB 9mm ammo. After two failures to feed in my first two 10 round magazines it then worked flawlessly. I forgot to check which brand of round failed…..I was having too much fun. But it never happened again using both brands of ammo, and I was using my .40 magazines and my one 9mm magazine.

The difference in felt recoil from the .40 to the 9mm is huge. The 9mm is so, so much easier to shoot. I have the Dons Guide Rod kit installed with the 18# spring.

This new barrel was dead on at 30 feet, and I shot pretty well considering I had to wear winter gloves. I could only put 150 rounds through it until my hands got too cold.

I am extremely happy with this purchase. I met a guy at the range who carried an XD-40 Subcompact and he literally drooled over the 9mm barrel. He wanted one badly so I had to tell him that I did not think they made one for the SC. But I gave him the Pistol-Gear web site address anyway. He was shooting his Springfield 1911 Champion .45.

I now have a new, sweet shooting XD for only $149!

From now on, every pistol I am forced to purchase will be in 9mm.

Tom

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glad to hear this works.

I have a Tactical .40 S&W and a Service 9mm. I think instead of buying a 9mm Tactical, I'll sell the Service and buy the conversion barrel.

Did you buy it from pistol gear?

Dave

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
I also love the 9mm....................as long as it is
in 9mm Magnum!

Ed

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Airedale said:
Glad to hear this works.

I have a Tactical .40 S&W and a Service 9mm. I think instead of buying a 9mm Tactical, I'll sell the Service and buy the conversion barrel.

Did you buy it from pistol gear?

Dave
Oh yeah.

I hope they have some left, they are in high demand.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts