Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: I just want to say that I have no real experience with AR compensators until now.

I ordered the comp from Predator Armament for 91 bucks. I took it to the range today and all I can say is wow! This thing is awesome! I had a buddy who is ex Navy EOD and local PD SWAT as well as a long range competition guy who just happened to be shooting next to me when we were testing it. Apparently I left out to many of the plugs when we started. The first couple of shots the barrel was blowing down hard. I covered up 1 hole in the top 3 rows for a total of 2 open and 2 closed. The muzzle was still blowing down. I opened 2 holes on the bottom row and bam no more muzzle flip up, down or sideways. This thing is awesome! My EOD/SWAT buddy shot it was blown away. The long range AR guy asked what all the commotion was because we were giggling like a couple of school girls. I gave him a mag and said check it out. It took him 3 shots and he was sold. It is not loud like some muzzle breaks are, I am guessing it was a hair quieter than a standard factory birdcage. Predator armament was a great company to deal with even though they forgot me for day or so due to an influx of orders. I ordered it on Wednesday and checked the status Thursday night around 11pm. No change. I sent a WTF e-mail to their CS and figured I would get a response in the morning, wrong. They replied about 15 minutes later sometime after 8 or 9 AZ time:shock: I had selected UPS ground, so I figured 5 days. Well they sent it USPS priority and I got it today:) Thats AZ to VA by the way. Best 91 bucks I have spent in a while.

Here is a link to the site. At the bottom are some videos as well.
PredatorARMAMENT.com has a the EFFIN-A Compensator from Ares Armor. AR-15 muzzle breaks and compensators. The EFFIN-A Compensator from Ares Armor

Watch this video at around 1:48 yo will see what I was talking about with the muzzle blowing down and then they tune it out.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Disclaimer: I just want to say that I have no real experience with AR compensators until now.

I ordered the comp from Predator Armament for 91 bucks. I took it to the range today and all I can say is wow! This thing is awesome! I had a buddy who is ex Navy EOD and local PD SWAT as well as a long range competition guy who just happened to be shooting next to me when we were testing it. Apparently I left out to many of the plugs when we started. The first couple of shots the barrel was blowing down hard. I covered up 1 hole in the top 3 rows for a total of 2 open and 2 closed. The muzzle was still blowing down. I opened 2 holes on the bottom row and bam no more muzzle flip up, down or sideways. This thing is awesome! My EOD/SWAT buddy shot it was blown away. The long range AR guy asked what all the commotion was because we were giggling like a couple of school girls. I gave him a mag and said check it out. It took him 3 shots and he was sold. It is not loud like some muzzle breaks are, I am guessing it was a hair quieter than a standard factory birdcage. Predator armament was a great company to deal with even though they forgot me for day or so due to an influx of orders. I ordered it on Wednesday and checked the status Thursday night around 11pm. No change. I sent a WTF e-mail to their CS and figured I would get a response in the morning, wrong. They replied about 15 minutes later sometime after 8 or 9 AZ time:shock: I had selected UPS ground, so I figured 5 days. Well they sent it USPS priority and I got it today:) Thats AZ to VA by the way. Best 91 bucks I have spent in a while.

Here is a link to the site. At the bottom are some videos as well.
PredatorARMAMENT.com has a the EFFIN-A Compensator from Ares Armor. AR-15 muzzle breaks and compensators. The EFFIN-A Compensator from Ares Armor

Watch this video at around 1:48 yo will see what I was talking about with the muzzle blowing down and then they tune it out.
Effin-A Compensator, Shooting Impressions - YouTube

Nice, its adjustable that is sweet. I really like the way it looks too. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shot it on mine. I shot it yesterday and I think I still need a little fine tuning. The part that got us was in the first few shots and watching the barrel blow down. Never seen a comp with that much force.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got mine in. Look forward to taking it down to the range. Did yours have a good amount of grease on it?
No not really. You should have 3 spring washers with it. Try to find the right thickness to align a row of ports inline with your gas block. I think I have 2 open on top and to each side and 2 open on the bottom. Wanna see something funny, dont open any bottom ports and shoot it like that and be prepared for your barrel drop every time you pull the trigger.:shock: Dont forget to put the set screws in after the comp heats up or you'll have to retighten them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts