Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this product name while reading another thread on here regarding rust. I have used Breakfree CLP and if it's real dirty Butch's boreshine solvent.

Who has experience with this product called Eezox? I’m just skeptical of a product that says it works even though its dry to the touch. I just can't imagine the rails of my slide being bone dry while I’m firing .

However, the site to this product says its trusted by law enforcement. I mean, the product SOUNDS awesome but, is it? I think this would be some good stuff for a CCW as CLP even when used lightly attracts lint, dust, dirt etc. Not that this product would eliminate preventative maintenance cleaning but might make the gun be able to go a little longer between cleanings.

What do you all think of this and what do those of you that have used it think?

Warren Custom Outdoor Products

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I came across this product name while reading another thread on hereregarding rust. I have used Breakfree CLP and if it's real dirty Butch's boreshine solvent.

Who has experience with this product called Eezox? I’m just skeptical of aproduct that says it works even though its dry to the touch. I just can'timagine the rails of my slide being bone dry while I’m firing .

However, the site to this product says its trusted by law enforcement. Imean, the product SOUNDS awesome but, is it? I think this would be some goodstuff for a CCW as CLP even when used lightly attracts lint, dust, dirt etc.Not that this product would eliminate preventative maintenance cleaning butmight make the gun be able to go a little longer between cleanings.

What do you all think of this and what do those of you that have used itthink?

Warren Custom Outdoor Products
I use Eezox, but also grease my rails. I prefer Eezox because it's also a good rust prohibiter.

See this:
Corrosion Protection Products for Rifles, Shooting, Benchrest Competition, Varminting and Firearms Storage

and this:
Which Lube Protects Best? Part 2 (Pics) - AR15.COM

CLP also works well, but from what I've read, Eezox may be better so I stick with it. No rust or anything and no issues shooting so nothing to report. It works.

The downside is that you have to give it time to dry, but at the same time, unless you leave a heavy coat, it won't run or anything.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I currently do a field strip cleaning of my EDC about once a week (usually saturday evening) using the pre-oiled gun wipes, a couple dry patches through barrel followed by a lightly oiled patch, and then finish up with a Hoppes Gun Oil infused silicone cloth on all the springs, outer barrel, and slide.

Am I understanding correctly that with this stuff, none of what I do would be necessary? Just put it on and forget about it (with the occasional cleaning and after shooting of course)?

No more stinky solvents or messy oil wipes?

Someone give me a rundown of your Eezox cleaning routine? How you apply it and how often on you EDC (not fired).

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I currently do a field strip cleaning of my EDC about once a week (usually saturday evening) using the pre-oiled gun wipes, a couple dry patches through barrel followed by a lightly oiled patch, and then finish up with a Hoppes Gun Oil infused silicone cloth on all the springs, outer barrel, and slide.

Am I understanding correctly that with this stuff, none of what I do would be necessary? Just put it on and forget about it (with the occasional cleaning and after shooting of course)?

Someone give me a rundown of your Eezox cleaning routine? How you apply it and how often on you EDC (not fired).

Apparently that is all you do according to the site. I have a hard timebeliving that and that's why I posted. Seems too good to be true but a coupleguys posted and said it is good stuff.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
It really depends on your gun finish, purpose (bedside or carry), how you carry, etc. I mostly carry CZs which come with a polycoat finish and carry in a Maxpedition bag. I carry in an OWB holster once a week or so.

With the polycoat on the CZs, nothing gets through to the exterior metal unless the finish gets chipped or dinged. The P-01 (mentioned below) is the only one that has dings on the exterior finish. I don't leave a thick coat of anything as a preservative since I rotate the pistols for carry. They're all cleaned and prepped for carry and stored with a round in the chamber.

Lately I've been carrying my PCR and took it to the range this past Sunday. The last time I took it to the range (which is the last time it was cleaned/lubed) was 12 Aug 2010. Almost a year and no issues to report. The grease stayed where it was supposed to and no rust on the insides (slide/barrel/bore/chamber/breech face/etc. all inspected).

My P-01 was last fired/cleaned/lubed 11 Jul 2010. I just took her apart and everything looks good inside (again, the slide barrel/bore/chamber/etc.). Nothing on the outside and the finish does have a few chips. I'll probably take her to the range this coming Sunday. It'll again get cleaned/lubed after, but no idea when it'll happen again.

Every now and again I'll carry my stainless 75B. It hasn't been fired/cleaned since 30 March 2009 and again, it looks great. It does get fondled, but all I do after is wipe her down with the rag I use to remove lubes. Again, nothing to report.

I also have a Sig SP2022, 2-tone FNP-9, XD9SC, XD45, a few Berettas and others and they've likewise never had an issues. I carry the XD9SC IWB and I've sweated on it and had it where the condensation has formed on the kydex holster on the inside (side against the pistol) and nothing has happened. I do wipe it down after carrying, though.

I should mention that if not set aside for carry, they're stored in their factory cases. All, with the exception of the FNP-9, have foam in side the case. I've read bad things about storing in foam filled contained, but my pistols have been fine.

I won't say you'd have the same experience, but my experience has shown it to be excellent.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts

First off, while at the range, I use a Boresnake to give the barrel a quick cleaning while warm. That really reduces the amount of work needed at home to get the bore/chamber clean.

At home, I use Eezox the way you would use any CLP. The bore/chamber/breech face/extractor claw get a lighter coating once all the grime has been removed, but the slide and outside of the barrel is sufficiently wet to leave a visible fingerprint if touched. Every now and again I'll apply a drop to the springs and wipe off any excess. I then put everything aside to dry. How long depends on how wet you've left everything, but I usually leave it for four hours or so, sometimes overnight.

Once everything is dry, I run a dry patch once through the barrel (only once). I then use the same patch and make sure the chamber is dry/clear of excess as that is the part that really needs to be dry/clear for reliabilities sake. I use the same patch to wipe down the breech face performing a quick wipe on the extractor.

I then grease the rails and reassemble. Quick function check and I'm done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts