Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to share my experience with Eezox gun cleaner for maintaining your slide's luster and preventing the occurrence of corrosion from exposure to sweat and prolong storage in a safe.

I regularly check and clean my firearm each time I shoot at the range where I average somewhere between 100 to 200 rounds.

Using cheap factory range ammo usually leaves a black powder residue along the barrel's tip which is more evident on a stainless steel slide.

I use Gun Slick's Ultra-Klenz to remove copper and loosen lead deposits in the bore with a bore brush which I ran a couple of times... more if necessary. I also use Gun Slick's Ultra-Lube oil to lubricate some of the internals that needs occasional oiling.

Here's my most favorite part... Spray a light coat of Eezox on the slide's surface and let it air dry for a few minutes. Gently wipe and dub off any excess oil. It should form a protective barrier on the slide's surface which will prevent corrosion/ rust from forming. Be mindful to use this product on a well ventilated area. The fumes are pretty strong.

My friend had some rust build up on his S&W M&P slide. It's only noticeable at close view and appears to be specs of corrosion from lack of maintenance. It was easily removed by using Eezox and brushing it with a fine brass brush and wool. No more rust occurrence after that.

Here's a couple of pictures of my Bi-tone Springfield XD9 and Ruger P95

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Hmm, EEzox needs ventilation? Compared to Gunscrubber and Shooters Choice mixed with Kroil, this stuff is smells like a rose.

I use this mainly as a corrosion inhibitor and a dry lubricant for magazines. I think it's great stuff. Didn't know that it came in spray format, I use liquid from the squeeze can.

I think it's a 1000 % improvement over silicon cloths for protection of the metal. Once it dries it doesn't attract dust/dirt or fingerprints.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the Eezox spray has a strong smell but not the liquid form.

I use Eezox as a final application on the slide for corrosion/ rust inhibitor. There's not a whole lot of firearm stores in my area that carries it so I usually order it from Ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts