Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assembling another AR. I have an upper and a 16" mid length barrel. if I decide on a free float, and i purchase a YHM gas block/front sight combo, will a Specter length FF work or would I need to stay with a mid length?? it seems to me that there is about a 1/2" to 1" difference between Specter length and mid length. The length difference changes between manufacturers. Specifically, a YHM Diamond FF is what I am looking at.

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
Assembling another AR. I have an upper and a 16" mid length barrel. if I decide on a free float, and i purchase a YHM gas block/front sight combo, will a Specter length FF work or would I need to stay with a mid length?? it seems to me that there is about a 1/2" to 1" difference between Specter length and mid length. The length difference changes between manufacturers. Specifically, a YHM Diamond FF is what I am looking at.
Call 'em; every time I've dealt with YHM, they've been very helpful.

I want to say no, though; as I recall, the Specter length is designed to cover the gas block...which wouldn't work with a flip-up sight on the block.

·
Registered
632 Posts
It will not work. I have a specter length forend on a middy, but I have it covering a lo-pro gas block. If you want a specter you need a lo-pro. If you want your front site you need a midlength

1 - 3 of 3 Posts