• Spyderco Endura

• Cold Steel Voyager

• Kershaw Blur

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a new folder in the 50 - 80 dollar range for every day carry/ last resort self defense.

Reasons for your choice?

If other than the above, please keep suggestions under $80. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
I voted Spyderco. My second choice would be the Benchmade, but I prefer a lockback to the Axis lock. Third choice would be Kershaw. I'm not particularly fond of SOG designs, though I think they are fine knives, and I'd never buy a Cold Steel.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
I used to carry the Voyager, and loved it.

Unfortunatly I lost it, so now I'm looking at picking up THIS "Bad Boy":

The RAJAH II

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have a Voyager and while I like it I DO NOT like that you cannot retighten the bolster or whatever like most other models. I have the Spyderco and I love it, but I'd probably go with Benchmade if I had to do it over again.

Also consider CRKT. Fine knives.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
BM Griptilian, or Mini-Grip. I carry mine every day, and tend to abuse it. It holds up well. You can't beat BM service either. I sent it in for a sharpen and they did that and much more (replaced springs, clips, screws, etc.) on their dime.

·
Registered
504 Posts
BM Griptilian, or Mini-Grip. I carry mine every day, and tend to abuse it. It holds up well. You can't beat BM service either. I sent it in for a sharpen and they did that and much more (replaced springs, clips, screws, etc.) on their dime.
I second BM, just because of their great products. Unfortunately, I can't send my knife to them; they won't ship it back since I am no longer on active duty, and it's an auto-opener.

Product Details (Benchmade Knife Company - Premiere manufacturer of knives and rescue tools.)

I've carried it every day for 3 years, and it still works like a champ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts