Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting back into firearms after a 10+ year time off. Will be used for CC.
As far as the firearms, on paper I keep coming back to the XD9SC.
I cannot locate on the internet, a dealer anywhere close to where I live.
So q #1: Is the lifetime warranty transferable? If i buy used, will springfield honor the warranty?

2: I'm a smaller guy, 5'10", 150. the xd9sc is thick. I'm a little concerned I'll be printing. will be with iwb and ankle holsters. Do you have problems printing with these firearms?

3: as per #1, how can I find out where there is a springfield dealer around me without making loads of phone calls?

Thanks for your time.
Jizmo3

·
Premium Member
127,151 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I know the warranty is transferable if you buy used they will honor your Springfield. I'm not to sure where to find a local Springfield dealer

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Welcome neighbor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I'm getting back into firearms after a 10+ year time off. Will be used for CC.
As far as the firearms, on paper I keep coming back to the XD9SC.
I cannot locate on the internet, a dealer anywhere close to where I live.
So q #1: Is the lifetime warranty transferable? If i buy used, will springfield honor the warranty?

2: I'm a smaller guy, 5'10", 150. the xd9sc is thick. I'm a little concerned I'll be printing. will be with iwb and ankle holsters. Do you have problems printing with these firearms?

3: as per #1, how can I find out where there is a springfield dealer around me without making loads of phone calls?

Thanks for your time.
Jizmo3

Welcome I'm new here
I am a (F) your weight but a little shorter and I carry this weapon fine. I love my XDSC,carry it and I make it work.

We ordered mine on-line. The information highway is the only way my DH and I buy.
I currently use a OWB and I can't wear any slim fitting shirts, but I'm changing to an IWB holster. Check out K&D Holsters. K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories

I am getting the Thunderbird Defender IWB holster because it is so adjustable (cant and height). I've also read many great things about the defender holster here on this site.

Springfield warrants to the initial retail purchaser that Springfield products will be free of defects in workmanship or material for the lifetime of the initial retail
purchaser. If the initial retail purchaser gives prompt written notice to Springfield of a defect, along with proof of purchase, Springfield shall have the option
to repair any defective parts or replace the products, F.O.b. factory. The customer must comply with instructions for return of parts or products. Springfield
reserves the right to use new or functionally equivalent reconditioned / refurbished / pre-owned parts or products. correction of the condition in this
manner shall constitute fulfillment of all obligations of Springfield under this limited lifetime warranty. Products deemed to be in unsafe condition will not be
returned to the owner. This warranty does not cover any condition determined by Springfield to have been caused by unauthorized repairs or modifications,
carelessness, negligence, misuse, normal wear and tear, or failure to properly store, use or maintain the product. The foregoing warranty is exclusive and is in
lieu of all or any other warranties, written or oral, express or implied. This limited warranty applies only to products shipped by Springfield on or after January 1,
2004. Technical specifications may be altered without notice.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very useful.
fondled them today. the sc's grip is too short for my hand. looking at the compact.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome from western PA.

The XD9SC is a little chunky. The Pearce grip extension will give your pinky a home. And of course, it comes with the 16-rd full size magazine to make it the same size as the service, with plenty of real estate. I would not recommend this for an ankle holster.

I wouldn't place too much emphasis on printing in PA, where open carry is legal. Of course, discreet is always good...

If skinny is a priority for you, maybe check out Walther's PPS or a Kahr.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts