Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulling hard is not helping...about to get the hammer

No I actually got this as a birthday gift in August

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
i found a rail road spike and a 3 lb maul work really good for removing AK stocks. i just put the spke under the rear trunion on the wood and just give it a good whack. a couple of those and it usually just pulls right out by hand lol.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Pulling hard is not helping...about to get the hammer

No I actually got this as a birthday gift in August
Look for two screws on top and one in the bottom of the pistol grip.

If all 3 are removed, and it still won't budge, get a rubber hammer and knock the fire out of it on the top rear of the stock. Turn it over and knock the fire out of it again.

Repeat, until it works it's way loose.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WASR prices are going up huh? :rolleyes:...oh yea, the gun only came with one screw under the grip...

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
This is what I used...

:twisted::lol::twisted:

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
How much can I sell this stock for? I will sell it with the sling as well
Centerfire sells them for $10 each.

They're good for firewood, though.

You have to remember, every WASR-10 (not WASR-10/63 or later model) comes into the country with one of these on it.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Humm,No screw in the tang where the back of the reciever meets the stock on top????
WASR prices are going up huh? :rolleyes:...oh yea, the gun only came with one screw under the grip...

·
Registered
530 Posts
1. field strip your baby all the way down.

2. Remove the bolts from the top end.

3. Remove pistol grip, not needed but makes it easier.

4. You will see a square cute out where the stock sits, stick a file or a flat head screw driver in there and pry it out. This takes a little bit of force but it is an AK :), its ment to take a beating

some AKs have burr marks that can make it tough to put a new stock in there, you can just file them down.

hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts