Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have had two xd's now and love them, I just sent my XD 4" off to springfield to have the refinish it. I have been using the extreme holster with it and it seem's to be really hard on the finsih!! I now have a Glock 26 and a plastic type holster that I bought at a gun show and I think it will be a lot easier on the glocks finish. What would you guy's suggest the best holster for an XD would be on the finish anyway's? I would like one like the fobus design (quick draw).

Thanks Brian

·
Registered
70 Posts
Kydex (plastic) is always harder on the finish than any other type. I have had the best luck and comfort out of some kind of leather. My fav has been horse hide. The key with leather is keeping the inside of the holster clean. The problem with plastic is it doesn't matter, it wears the finish anyway.

Biggest prob with plastice is comfort to me. I don't see how you guys wear an IWB plastic..

I will also add that the grain on horse hide is so tight, that it does very well repelling sweat and water.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just got a c-tac holster and I'm already noticing wear on the finish. I was suprised since I only had it for a week. Pretty comfortable though.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
blaib said:
Hello everyone, I have had two xd's now and love them, I just sent my XD 4" off to springfield to have the refinish it. I have been using the extreme holster with it and it seem's to be really hard on the finsih!! I now have a Glock 26 and a plastic type holster that I bought at a gun show and I think it will be a lot easier on the glocks finish. What would you guy's suggest the best holster for an XD would be on the finish anyway's? I would like one like the fobus design (quick draw).

Thanks Brian
I have had two xd's now and love them
Are you trying to tell us your not a virgin anymore? :wink:

Kydex is tough on finishes. Leather can be too. I have the Tucker Answer holster and most of the wear is on the leather side.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a very cheap IWB holster with thumb break. I got from my local shop. It is lined with some kind of foam/felt stuff. only paid $12 for it & its the best. no finish wear after 3 months. & i have the same for my S&W Sigma 9mm, no wear yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone ever tried lining the holster with some type of felt, I see Rubzerk has one with it in all ready. But I thought maybe someone has tried lining the plastic type holster's with something? Just an idea..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts