Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An E2 stock followed me home some years back. It's pretty much just the wood, a couple of screws sticking out maybe. They didn't know what it was and I wasn't about to tell them ;)

For a while I considered building a rifle on it, but coming from AR-world the prices of parts took me aback. I decided it would be cheaper to buy a rifle & put it on, but the budget wouldn't agree with that for a while, so I kind of lost it in the back of the closet. I would love an M1A, but now that it's resurfaced, I find myself at a space premium rifle-wise, and it would simply not bring me any new functionality.

What I'm wondering, is if this is something someone might be interested in, and how I would best go about finding a home for it, or even what it might be worth. I've never sold anything online, though I've bought a lot. In fact, this is the only thing I ever listed on ebay (several years ago), but some bedwetter over there canceled me in less than an hour for rules violation, even though I couldn't find a rule I'd violated, and they wouldn't tell me.

So, is it firewood, or what? I'll see if I can get a couple pix if anyone would like.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I would checkout M14 Forum - M14 Forum for M14 M1A Rifles if you are interested in selling it. They are the real M14 experts out there and depending on condition it might fetch you a good penny.
I am not interested in it, but I am curious to hear how much you got it for and the story involved. I'm a sucker for stories like that.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have a look there, thanks. I'll save the big story for a bit, see what I find out; you'll probably be amazed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good luck with it. I don't know about nowadays, but it used to be against the rules over there at m14forum to ask what something was worth. New ownership now though, so give it a try.

They sell in excellent condition for 575-600 with all the original G.I. parts like forward grip and buttplate and the muzzle devices that go with the E2 are bringing 158 bucks each !

On gunbroker its a different story. An E2 copy that is commercial can bring that much and more. A real one can fetch 900-1000 from some uninformed people. No question, they are getting rare.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooh, glad I haven't posted anything over there yet, don't want to offend anyone. I wouldn't call it anything more than the wood, though, plus that little U-shaped metal thing at the pointy end and the something-or-other around the magwell. The rest should be easily replaceable, though. It's not terribly beat up, just some dings and scratches. Woodwise, I'd say it should refinish well.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I got out of M1as in the late 90s because of the price feed them. If you have the best parts "LRB" for example they shouldn't break and be accurate enough to super accurate depending upon how much you want to be accurate$$$$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts