Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Raptor w/RDC with internals installed by DV8’s gunsmith. I am not a gunsmith, but looking at exploded parts diagrams and my unqualified eye comparison to my OEM slide tells me the install is good. Still need to find a blacksmith to look at it, I know.
Assuming the build isn’t the issue, could it be my OEM spring assy? My ammo choice? I realized I’ve only put 165gr FMJ, but with 1130fps at the muzzle, it appears to be at the higher end of the ammo spectrum for 40S&W.
It just seems like my slide isn’t making full travel. On the plus side, I’ve been getting a lot of clearing practice.
Any thoughts or experience on this?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Bummer. It's tough to troubleshoot these things.

Was this purchased second hand? And did you try to call DV8?

Do you ever get any F2Extract or F2Ejexct or F2Lockback when loading only one round in a mag, chambering it and firing?

Does this only occur with fully or near fully loaded mags?

Have you looked at the extractor and ejector to see if it looks like any pieces have fractured off?

Can you post any pics of the double-feed?

Those are the questions that come right to mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer. It's tough to troubleshoot these things.

Was this purchased second hand? And did you try to call DV8?

Do you ever get any F2Extract or F2Ejexct or F2Lockback when loading only one round in a mag, chambering it and firing?

Does this only occur with fully or near fully loaded mags?

Have you looked at the extractor and ejector to see if it looks like any pieces have fractured off?

Can you post any pics of the double-feed?

Those are the questions that come right to mind.
Bought directly from DV8. Have tried to call a couple times when it comes to mind, but have yet to get a live body or response to VM. I didn't consciously try 1 round only, but due to failures did have at least 1 good lock and F2lock with one round left. I didn't take any pictures, but will on my next trip to the range, which will be soon. No noticeable defects on the extractor, though the "hook" is slightly different from the OEM version(the DV8 install is rounded where the OEM is sort of squared off, if that makes sense). Full mags used, but failure occurred throughout randomly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ugh bud just saw this post. Check mine out, that I just posted...having a different issue but similar experience.
Yeah, not happy with the slide. At this point it's a very expensive paperweight.

No response to emails or VMs to DV8...still.

Sent it to Briley Manufacturing in Houston. They've had it for almost 2 months now. Just found out that they think the guide rod slot was milled out too much and tried to machine some sort of filler bracket, with no luck. They've run out of ideas, other than send my OEM slide and have it modified to accept my red dot, for $200 on top of the no joy charge for not getting it to work of about $110. Should've probably done that in the first place and saved all the time and $$$.

So for my part shout it loud and wide, don't waste money on DV8 product!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, not happy with the slide. At this point it's a very expensive paperweight. No response to emails or VMs to DV8...still. Sent it to Briley Manufacturing in Houston. They've had it for almost 2 months now. Just found out that they think the guide rod slot was milled out too much and tried to machine some sort of filler bracket, with no luck. They've run out of ideas, other than send my OEM slide and have it modified to accept my red dot, for $200 on top of the no joy charge for not getting it to work of about $110. Should've probably done that in the first place and saved all the time and $$$. So for my part shout it loud and wide, don't waste money on DV8 product!
Same, they took my slide back, remilled a new one and sent it back without the $180 in parts I purchased from them. So Nick who is supposedly the owner of DV8 finally reached out to me and apologized after about 10 emails. But that did litter or nothing as its been about 15 days since then and I still haven't gotten my parts so I can test my paper weight out at the range and spend another $500 + dollars again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts