• Under my mattress

• I lock box, but available

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try it again. I did hear years ago "Its under my pillow." Does anyone do this?. I couldn't..

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
It's under my pillow (holstered). I live alone, so I have no problems with it being out, and I just cant get to it fast enough from my night stand.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
XD40 Service 2' away from my head on the nightstand

Mossberg 590A1 In the corner of the room...3' from my head...

·
Registered
411 Posts
If I kept it under my pillow there's no telling where it would end up if I needed it. I toss around too much when I sleep. My night stand is right next to my bed and has at least two loaded pistols in it. All I've gotta do is get ahold of one of 'em!

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Like I'm going to map out the exact location...but I assure you it is very accessible in a short amount of time.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Xd on the nightstand AR kicked up against the nightstand 14 30rd mags within 5 feet of the AR. Shotgun to be added to the mix soon.

·
Premium Member
127,083 Posts
XD45 Service with an M6 laser/light combo locked in a Gun Vault mounted on a shelf in my night stand.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
My mom was telling me about this TV show she watched when she was younger about this guy who slept with a handgun on his pillow next to him. She says, "Adam, is that what you do?" I said "No, it sleeps on my nightstand next to my shotgun."

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm a heavy sleeper and I often have a 2 year old (nephew) running around while I'm sleeping...so it's in a lockbox out of his reach. If I slept with it under my pillow, it'd prolly fall under the bed before morning, and my night stand is my dresser and too accessible for the little one.

But, it's in the room I sleep and I can get to it quickly enough if needed...I usually sleep when others are awake anyways.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I keep my P345 and Insight M3X in the dresser drawer next to my bed. My XD9SC is also in the dresser, but because it doesn't have a light, it would be the back up ;)

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
My XD's next to my 1911 in my nightstand, but my keltec is normally holstered on top of my nightstand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
XD-45 next to alarm clock 2 feet from my head. Just roll left and reach out to slap the alarm clock or grab my gun depending on what woke me up.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If it's not on me, then it's in its blade-tech IWB holster in my nightstand drawer...Always loaded

Funny you should mention this, because I was just over helping friend put new siding on his house, I asked him what that hole in the siding was from.... He laughed, and said, at the time it wasn't funny, but now it is... he said that he use to do the "under the pillow" thing, and he had his .45 1911 under his pillow, when he turned and put his arm under the pillow to prop his head up, and BOOM, Yup, it went off. In the middle of the night, a 1911 makes a LOT of noise he said.....LOL
Yes, it went through the sheetrock, into and through a 2x4 and exited the siding. He found the bullet on the ground about a foot away from the exit point.

Anyway, always have and always will keep it in my night stand.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My .45 is either on my nightstand, or holstered in the XDGear holster that came with it mounted on the side of my bed. Easy to grab... My Surefire right next to it.;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts