Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concealed Technology LLC | Built by hand, by us, for only you!

I'm gonna start by saying that I do know this guy. I work with him, and he's a pretty decent guy. Really knows his stuff, that being said...I'm going to try and not be biased. I know it probably seems like since I know him I'll only say good things, but I'll do the best I can to say the truth about how I feel about the holster, and his customer service.

The price was extremely reasonable. With my law enforcement discount, I paid $45 even. I did not feel like I was getting ripped off at all. For the amount of work he puts into these things I'd say 70 probably is a good deal. And I can imagine that after shipping, a 45 dollar holster would probably be nice.

Firstly, I ordered the holster Saturday, the 1st of Oct. I received it Wednesday the 5th. NOw, I didn't have to wait for shipping, just production time. So I'm sure it'd take a little longer if you ordered one online or by phone. But he was super fast, and willing to tweak it however I wanted. Offered to change out the kydex shell if I ever changed guns. OOffered a liftime warranty. And plenty of options.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now for the quality...I just cannot say enough. I'm totally amazed at how well this thing is made. A true amount of thought process and effort went into making this holster. The kydex has to have been fitted in a vaccume of some sort. And the retention is excellant. The leather is of the highest quality. All the hardware is smooth and doesn't bother you while you're wearing it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He uses comptac injection molded clips. I got the 1.5 inch ones, because thats the size belt I wear. But he has em in several other sizes. They're really nice because they allow for you to adjust the cant of your holster to your desired ride height. Its also nice cause you can wear it really low in the wasteband or really high. Dependant upon what you prefer.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fit of the gun inside the kydex shell is great. He really put alot of thought into how the gun would fit into the kydex. He made a channel for the take down lever to pass through so it wouldn't rub on the shell and ruin the finish. He molded around the mag released so I wouldn't pop out my mag when I sat down. The detail of the gun in the kydex is just amazing. My sights on this particular Xd are higher, and he even thought to accomidate for that. And he DIDN'T have my gun to work with.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The retention is out of this world...imagine wearing a Fobus holster IWB. It so easy to draw and reholster, but I don't feel like I need to pull my belt so tight that I might pop.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How does it wear...that a huge question...It's really comfortable. The leather isn't cut to cover the grip of the weapon, and I wish it was. Thats one of my only draw backs about this holster. But for the slide being in my pants it is incredibly comfortable, and I can easily remedy the other problem by wearing an under shirt. It conceals extremely well with my 4 inch service with the sub compact grip. The gun just vanishes.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was actually just looking g at your thread with all the pics of your work. You do pretty good work from the looks of things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts