Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im prolly going to buy a wasr and wanted to duracoat the receiver, and wondered if anybody has duracoated their AK receiver and if they could post some pics of them

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
duracoat can either be pretty awesome or pretty lame. I have seen some peoples weapons that make me cringe at their choices.

having said that I am interested in this topic as well. I like the magpul flat dark earth and a few (OD style)greens. its a tough choice because I kind of like how an AK looks with the wood and when they get used so the park starts to wear off.

I suppose I could get a second and third and keep my oldest for the worn in look :cool:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im prolly going to take all the wood off and dont really care on how the wood looks on the wasr's. Was prolly going to do the earth tan

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was thinking about doing this too I would also like to see if anyone had succes doing this. The only thing I wasnt sure of is how you would spray behind the safety and everything.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
I was thinking about doing this too I would also like to see if anyone had succes doing this. The only thing I wasnt sure of is how you would spray behind the safety and everything.

(the safety is easy to remove if you gently push it up far enough and slip it out)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Funny that you posted that I just got an AK like a month ago and asked a question about this strikeforce stock and then asked about duracoating my AK... I think that stock is sick I am probably going to buy it for mine so hopefully you dont get the last one.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny that you posted that I just got an AK like a month ago and asked a question about this strikeforce stock and then asked about duracoating my AK... I think that stock is sick I am probably going to buy it for mine so hopefully you dont get the last one.
I dount it I called centerfire today they have lots of them left

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
if you like it go for it.

ya know what might be neat?

a nice flat dark earth on the barrel and receiver (mags too) and the coyote tan grips and stock.

·
Registered
205 Posts
(the safety is easy to remove if you gently push it up far enough and slip it out)
I tried that on my Polish 1960 last night and it didn't work. Could it be that WASR's are a bit different in that regard?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a wasr 10/63 uf that developed a little rust on the part of the stock that goes into your shoulder and the top dust cover. I sanded the gun down and duracoated it "tactical flat black" which strangely enough matched my AR's almost exactly. I've very happy with the results and the rust hasn't come back since. I used a airbrush that I had at my house instead of the "kit" that I bought, since after reading up on it, they said the kit didn't have enough pressure to really do it evenly.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
I tried that on my Polish 1960 last night and it didn't work. Could it be that WASR's are a bit different in that regard?
I'm no expert. I was looking at a pre ban wasr and a post ban wasr 2 days ago showing my buddy and his dad the differences between their rifles.

tapco parts vs original parts...

the pre ban did not have a shepherds hook retainer clip on the axis pins and the hammer had a shark fin piece sticking off to one side.

my post ban wasr is a 1972 with tapco parts and I have the retaining spring as well. I stopped my reply and took my safety selector out to refresh my mind on it. the retainer popped off as I pulled it out (all willy nilly) and was a small task to line back up and get it together.

I rechecked the function of the safety and its all good.

so on the ones I have dealt with... you push the safety selector so its vertical and give her a little tug til your spring pops off then she comes right on out.

tutorial on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts